Intensive Out-Patient Eating Disorder Program

Molly S.
on 8/29/11 3:44 am - Chicago, IL

Today is the big day!  Today I start an Intensive Out-patient Eating Disorder Program for Binge eaters, Compulsive over eating, or Food addiction.  (whatever name you want to use, they are all very similar)

I am very excited about this program.  It offers much needed help on this disorder that I have.  I have been searching for this since June.  One of the main components of the programs is blind weigh ins at the place for them and they ask us not to weigh ourselves either.  This is to make sure we focus on relationship with food and not the number on the scale.

They also ask that we do not exercise for 2 weeks.  I am told that if they do not think you have your eating under control that they will not recommend exercise.  Their pamphlet did say exercise restriction is part of recovery.  So since Thursday I have not exercised and it was not as hard as I thought.:smile:   I think not getting on the scale will be more challenging for me.  But I am going to follow their suggestions to the letter for now.  I did weigh myself today and I am not going to weigh myself again until January 1st.   If this works for me I will continue with sporadic weigh ins and measure my success by clothes sizes. 

The intake lady really convinced me that the constant weighing is hindering me.  She said it is not the same for normal people and even some who are overweight are not binge eaters like me.  So this no weigh in stuff is not applicable for everyone.  I did not get up to 600 plus pounds by normal overeating.  I need to get the mind set thing in order so I can stop the yo-yoing that I have been doing for over a year now. 

My schedule is going to be FULL with 4 days of this program (M, Tu, Thu 6pm to 9pm and Sat 8:30 to 11:30)  Plus I have to squeeze in visits to dietitian, daily choirs, ministry & yes work!  I will do my best to check in on weekends.  This is a 4 to 6 week program, thank goodness. 

You all keep up the good work and keep on keeping on!!  I will check in with any tidbits when I can.  Just remember I will be back in about 2 months.  

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

dstgirl2000
on 8/29/11 4:02 am
I wish you the best with this new program and hope you have great outcomes from it!

J

MSW will not settle
on 8/29/11 4:30 am
Long time MsMollie 

That is phenominal.  I'd luv to have a program like this one.  It could save so many from obesity.  Doing this takes alot of courage.  Good luck to you. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

LEE
on 8/29/11 4:54 am
Good luck with your program Molly.   I definately could use a program like this.
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 182 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1127 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2014 views