Main Board Post abt Facebook

knowbetterdobetter
on 1/23/12 9:02 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
There is a post on the Main board about OH sharing posts on Facebook. I would post the link but havent figured out how to do it. You guys should check it out. I dont like it at all. I dont have FB for a reason and dont want anything I post here to end up on FB. Just another reminder that there is no privacy on the internet.

Lisa
MSW will not settle
on 1/24/12 9:29 am
I havn't read it yet but it is the share issue that shut BAF down. Over the past year I've heard about unethical behavior by persons affiliated with oh gaining access to member info that was not a public message board post and putting it on facebook.

My understanding is that no action was taken against the aleged oh affiliated person. However, members who spoke out about this were moderated and their posts removed. Questioning these actions has resulted in threat of a permanant ban from this site.

I personally have no evidence. Its all hearsay. However, oh members I know and respect have warned me. I only post what I could livee with were it in the frot page of the New York Times.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/12 11:02 pm, edited 1/25/12 1:12 am - Fair Play, CA
Yeah...they are all a day late and a dollar short. The main problem with OH and its very very sneaky is that they will not make it VERY clear that your info can be posted to FB without your knowledge or approval. They need to be specific, clear and repetitive. TOS....pfft...no one reads those things. We are talking about medical histories and a lot of folks sign up for this site who are depressed, in the hospital or in other ways incapacitated. Some can bearly wipe their own a** let alone read the TOS. A medical oriented site NEEDS and should have more diligence in these matters. They need to send f/u private messages to us periodically so we KNOW how our info will be shared. Even FB does this. I think the physicians that are affiliated with this site...need to be advocates when it comes to privacy. Yet...it does not appear that they are...they only care about the almighty dollar like the rest of them. Newbies come on here without a clue and whammo...they start posting their pics and personal info for the whole world to see!!! Its a lawsuit waiting to happen. Let someone lose a job and it can be tied back to this site with a paper trail....its just a matter of time. Wait for it............................

(If this thread or reply is deleted...it will not be by me...so lets see how long it lasts)

MSW will not settle
on 1/27/12 12:57 pm
Amen!    But, sadly it gets worse.  I expect to be moderated for this but the tos is being disregarded by those who should be enforcing it.  Anything, right down to your pm's may be hacked and wind up on fb.  It has been alleged that this has happend in the recent past.  Sci Fi geek says: The Truth Is Out There.  Until we know it and the owners of this tos do right, treat even your pm's as broadcast news. 
TIKI13
on 1/29/12 10:48 pm
wow, this really explains why people are making their pages private. It makes you think twice about sharing anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 186 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1130 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2020 views