Oh How I wish!

wendy T.
on 1/3/13 12:26 am - Milwaukee, WI

It has been awhile, since I have stopped by to post. However, I do lurk every once in awhile, I will re introduce myself. My name is Wendy. 5 years ago, I had the gastric by pass. I do not know HOW I COULD have survived the surgery, without this forum. I gained many friends all across the United States, and I still keep up with them. Oh How I Wish this forum was the same. Happy New Years to U! 

MSW will not settle
on 1/3/13 1:50 am

Been ages but I do remember you.  I'm wishing the same but we can never go back.  Still, we can make this what we want it to be if enough of us really want this forum.  HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

wendy T.
on 1/3/13 1:58 am - Milwaukee, WI

Well said. I think with other social media such as Facebook, twitter..etc kinda took precedent over our forum. But I am back! I will continue to post. Good hearing from u... where are u from? I am from Wisconsin

MSW will not settle
on 1/3/13 9:45 am

I'm from CT but been to Milwaukee many times on business way back when.  The share button linking this site to the world killed BAF.  We got way too personal back in the day for those threads to show up elsewhere.  Still, we can support each other anywhere.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

wendy T.
on 1/3/13 11:03 am - Milwaukee, WI

Yes U are so right! 

hershey dream
on 1/6/13 11:48 pm - Duluth, GA

Yes, BAF was very active back in the day and I, myself am guilty for migrating over to the FB BAF site.  However, this is where it all started for me.  As a pre-op and newbie, I received a wealth of information from this site, made great friends and I aim to post more to hopefully serve as a resource to others going through the journey.

Happy New Year!

Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
wendy T.
on 1/7/13 12:03 am - Milwaukee, WI

Hey lady, Yes you are so right! I am going to post more often as well. I remember like it was months ago... when I was a newbie...now it has been 5 years... smh. Time went fast. Still enjoying my new life... Things are well. I was just looking at post op pictures....

LEE
on 1/7/13 3:51 pm

Hi Wendy,  Yeah the board died a few years back because of facebook.  Everyone moved over to facebook, that is where I mostly post now because I get more support from all the oldies and newies but I still come over here to see my girl Marcia and to encourgea the new people that need help.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
wendy T.
on 1/8/13 12:09 am - Milwaukee, WI

Hey, Happy New Years to U. Good to hear from U!!

McPoet
on 1/14/13 9:47 am

As a newbie, I'm glad that you all come back now and again to encourage us along. This lifestyle is so new to me, and every now and again, I have a burning question that I only trust you guys to help me with.

I have the power!  I will make it happen. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 213 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1153 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2072 views