HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRICKED INTO LOW CARBING

LEE
on 1/17/13 5:58 am

I HATE LOW CARBING,  I CALL IT LOW CARB HIGH ANGER,  the reason I call it that is because I turn into a complete ***** when I don't have my sugar and carbs.  

Lately Becca has me eating mostly vegetables and very little meat, well I pee'd on one of those sticks and I be dam if I am not in keytosis from eating this way.   I did lose 7 pounds the first week but let's see what happens this second week, because I always lose on the first week on any dam plan.

I am so fed up with my fatness I don't know what to do anymore, so if this gives me a chance then what the hell.  I will give it a try after that I really may begin once again to consider a revision as much as that scares the **** out of me. 

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
sandypoint
on 1/18/13 4:05 am

Hey Lee,

Can I ask why a revision. im 3 1/2 years out and i still feel restriction but I can eat like a horse. I gain and loose the same 10 pounds (and I know I've heard several ppl on hear say the same thing).   I remember the dr. tellling me you will never be hungry again, lie.

It scars me to know the further you're out that a revision may be possible.  Geez!  I did make dr goal but I can not get pass it.  I've been the same weight for last 2 1/2 years and I have 60 pounds to go.

Proverbs 4:25   Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
MSW will not settle
on 1/18/13 4:23 am

I think we have similar situations.  While I made goal, I'm also in a 10 lb loop for age.  My pouch is also like a bottomless pit and its to be evaluated by my surgeon. 

Sometimes the pouch is just too big.  It could be due to behavior or simply nobody's fault.  I don't want another surgery but I'm guessing my pouch has issues because an unrelated upper gi showed the beginning of an ulcers and signs of acid reflux.  Damaged tissue may have to go which is technically a revision. 

Hoping we can all get there without another surgery. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

LEE
on 1/18/13 2:15 pm

To be perfectly honest with you Sandy I don't want a revision but if I don't do something I am going to be at my starting weight and I am so close to it now I can see it happening in a matter of less than 5 months.   I try everything, dieting, eating right, eating wrong, I work out like a crazy person and all I do is gain, gain, gain.  All of my bad health that I had prior to my  RNY are returning and it sucks.  So while I am scared as hell of a revision and don't want to put my wife through it I need something, and at this point she wants me to do it because she sees how miserable I am.

I have some great advice for you, stay on top  of your weight, don't let it get away from you because once you do it will be hard as hell to lose it again and you will be like so many  of us who have regained a HUGE chunk of weight and are struggling like hell and cannot get it back off.

Stay diligent and you should be ok.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
MSW will not settle
on 1/18/13 4:09 am

Aha!  Your @$$ is off the carbs so that's why they are chasing my @$$ !

I'm trying to get back to meat & veg too with veg taking the lead.  I don't need massive protein for my lifestyle.  I've always figured you are as carb sensitive as I am but its hard to stick with eating what you don't like.   Time to modify recipes to lower carb **** so you get the sensation of carbs while holding them down. 

Congrats on the wl.  Bet if you stay at it you can loose 2-3lbs a week the way you work out.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

sandypoint
on 1/18/13 4:29 am

Thanks for the reply.  I never thought to have my pouch evaluated, however i do know bad behavior regarding food/choices/portions are an issue.  Its so frustrating and I do not want another surgery.  I'm 51 and I refuse to believe hormones are the culprit. I'm right in the throughs of menopause.   I did paleo for a minute and it worked fine, i just missed my carbs:(

LEE
on 1/18/13 2:21 pm

I was tempted to do that Paleo?  Tell me more about it,  did you get to eat on it, how long were you on it, how much did you lose, just give me some info.

I do am playing with menopause, but refuse to believe I gained or cannot lose because of it.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
LEE
on 1/18/13 2:19 pm

Hey Marcia,  Becca has been saying I have a soy issue and a whole bunch of other **** but like usual, those 7 pounds were off of me for what a day, I stopped on the scale today and as usual I was up 5 pounds.  MY ******G LIFE STORY. 

I have been on steroids for the past 5 months for a throat problem I have and have gained close to 45 pounds so you know on top of my already messed up mind how I must be feeling.   Now Becca is even saying we need to look into this revision thing.  We missed the meeting by two days, so we are going to go the second week of next month and at least get some information because this is getting crazy.  I am so close to starting weight now it is crazy.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
sandypoint
on 1/19/13 4:35 am
Hey Lee

I did well on paleo. I lost 19.5 pounds in a month then i went on vacation for a week and started tasting, less exercise and you know the rest. I was at my all time low as far as weight loss. Additionally it reshaped my body -- ads were flatter, it just gave me a sleeker look and i cant explain it. Paleo + excersise is a winner. The first few days were not easy because i gave up sugar, carbs and coffee and so i had the loopy feeling for two day but on the third day i tturned the corner at after first wk i lost9 lbs and 3 to 3.5 pounds the next 3wks.
I never felt hungry. I did keep cheese in my meal plan but gave up all other dairy. I started drinking almond milk. I slept better and had a tone of energy. My skins was flawless, not hot flashes. Have such a bad sweet tooth so its been hard to recommit esp since the holidays. My body went right back to that set point when i stop doing it and im back to gaining/loosing same 10 pounds.
LEE
on 1/19/13 11:08 am, edited 1/19/13 1:06 pm

Sandy are you talking about the Paleo cleanse that Al Roker did? and if not what Paleo are you talking about?

How long were you on it total?   So you eat as you are doing it?  Give me an example of your eating day. 

So do you cut out foods and then drink the meal replacement? 

How does the shakes taste?

What do you get in the kit? 

Give me more info.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 204 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1148 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2059 views