Psychological and Mental

terria1202
on 10/18/13 7:15 am

Hi all,

I am wondering how many individuals are continuing mental therapy after the surgery?  Or did most just do the required amount of time for therapy?

Tracy D.
on 10/20/13 7:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
It's an ongoing process for me. I go in every few months for a couple sessions to work on new stuff that comes up. As I lose more weight there have been new challenges. It's like peeling an onion; there's always a new layer to work on

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

terria1202
on 10/21/13 4:36 am

Thanks Tracy!  I am just trying to figure everything out.

bossladycb
on 11/3/13 12:20 am - fresno, CA

i just recently returned back to therapy. i wished i would of continued right after surgery instead of allowing stuff to pile up.

I am a news conference...all others are just mere conversations! I'm That chic..yo mamma warned you about!!

JazzyOne9254
on 11/12/13 12:44 pm

I have...because I am prone to depression.  One thing that's also not well known and not understood with WLS patients,  when you're losing weight,  as your body burns the excess fat stores, homones are released from the fat, and could be a cause for moodiness. 

I think that happens with anything major we put our bodies through, be it surgery or excess stress.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Heavy Duty00
on 11/15/13 9:24 am
I have been considering going to overeaters anonymous meetings. I just can't find the time right now. It really is an addiction. I definitely want to be successful and OA or counseling would help....oh by the way I am 2 classes and 3 internships away from graduating with a Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling. So I understand the importance of finding more positive coping skills.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 196 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1141 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2037 views