Weight Gain

babybonnie
on 5/17/14 10:33 am

Hello all. It has been a long time since I have been on this site. It feels great to feel connected OBH. Time goes by so fast. I am 9 years post-op. I wanted to ask anyone if they have had a weight gain after being post-op for several years? I have gained weight because I have been dealing with fibromyaliga for several years now. I have put on about 30 pounds. I need some advice on how to get back on the path of weight lose without doing exercise. I will be grateful for any information and ideals. Thank you.

babybonnie

dstgirl2000
on 6/16/14 10:43 pm

Hi BB.......................The question for us years post-op should be more like "who has not re-gaines?"  I know I have.  And I did because of health reasons as well, but also because I've been slack!  Just calling it like it is.  I'm not too bent out of shape about it, but it certainly is enough for me to not like it, and get my butt up and do something aobut it.  So I guess that's my advice I'm offering as I have to others.  So now I'm taking my own advice and just getting up and "keep it moving"  My choice is always walking, which has become more difficult, but I'm doing it anyway.  I've always gotten great results with just lacing up and just walking.  I'm down five pounds just this week for making that slight effort of 1.5 miles a day.  Just take a vigorus stroll early morning or late evening.  I've added on an additional protein shake and water as well to stay hydrated.  Just simple back to what worked in the beginning.  10 more to go, and I'm back in business!

You can do this too!............Keep it moving!

JJ

Ms. Praise
on 11/20/14 1:09 am - MD

Hello my fellow post-op sister.  I am 10 years post-op and have also regained some weight...and have to agree with the other you lady the question should've been "who haven't regained...".  It's natural I'm sure, but one thing we know is our tool will work for us if we put in the work.  I have recently discovered detoxing and have been on a 10 day detox cleans (JJ Smith 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse) and I'm not finished my entire 10 days just yet (2 days shy), but I have dropped 11 pounds and quite a few inches.  Buy the book (I purchased it on Amazon and downloaded it to my Kindle e-reader for $2.99).  I must say...this is THE BEST thing I've done for myself in a while.  I haven't incorporated working out into the plan but losing this amount of weight in 8 days without exercising and starving is right up my alley.

I wish you the best on your journey and remember...your tool will work...you just have to get it started again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 182 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1127 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2013 views