Help

aliciarivera
on 12/14/14 6:46 am - Sun City West, AZ

I had the bariatric sleeve on 10/30/2014. Shortly after the surgery I became unable to take in liquids. I ended up going to the ER and they kept me there for three days I had depleted all my potassium, and  I was dehydrated. They tested for ulcers, and any complications due to the surgery and found none. But to date I can't hold done anything for more than a couple of minutes. Last Thursday I was in the ER again for dehydration and was givin fluids then sent home. Im not sure what to do. I am in pain and nauseus 24/7. Nausea meds don't work.

Alicia

TheNewT
on 12/15/14 4:01 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Alicia,

Have you been able to speak to your surgeon about this? One of the first things I've learned was the importance of staying hydrated. Hopefully you can get some help.

aliciarivera
on 12/15/14 6:22 am - Sun City West, AZ

I have talked to the surgeon, In my opinion Im not getting the attention or answers that I need. I feel like I may be dying slowly and none is listening.

The surgeon says that every thing with the surgery looks great and there is no reason I should be experiencing these symtoms. He also said that 1% of people who have the surgery have to be reintroduced to food and liquid and I may be part on that 1%. In the mean time I havn't eaten anything other than popcycles and a cpl sips of water in the past several weeks.

Alicia

TheNewT
on 12/15/14 11:00 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

A surgeon rattling off stats would not be a good answer for me. A couple of sips of water this far out will do nothing for your body except land you in the ER. Do you have a primary care physician you could see?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with this problem. Try posting on the VSG forum. Just maybe someone has had these symptoms and can point you towards the answer or at least tests you can suggest to your surgeon or PCP.

Let me also mention that you may want to get blood work done to check all of your vitamin levels. Most, if not all, of us had to have pre-op blood work. I would get those same levels tested. Some of those vitamins, like B1, only take a couple of weeks of deficiency before they hit low levels.

aliciarivera
on 12/16/14 4:27 am - Sun City West, AZ

Thank you, I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I am refusing to leave his office until I get some answers, even if it means exploritory surgery.

I also will be following up with my primary Dr.

Alicia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 188 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1131 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2022 views