New to WLS @ 3 wks out

RayPhil
on 6/21/17 5:38 am
Hi everyone, I am almost 3 weeks out from having my sleeve. My surgeon was Dr. Morris Westmoreland in Murfreesboro, TN. So far I am very pleased with my progress so far. I really thought I would feel more active at this point, but I seem to still have some low-energy moments throughout the day. I tried to go back to work a couple of days, but decided to take a few more days off to rest. I should be good to go by next week. Anyone else have issues post-op with getting your activity and energy back?
Janalyn W.
on 6/23/17 6:07 pm
VSG on 06/16/17

I am only a week post op as of today and I can say my energy levels are low. My Doctor did advise me that would happen during the 1st 3-4 weeks. I am completely just in and out, up and down. Now that I am in the full liquid phase I thought I'd be full of energy...but again my dr said don't expect that. Keep pushing, stay focused....you've got this.

bruindiva92
on 6/25/17 7:25 am, edited 6/25/17 12:25 am
Revision on 03/29/17

Good Morning RayPhil,

It will take at least 4-6 weeks until you get your energy back. Remember, you had MAJOR surgery and the body needs time to heal. I started feeling better once I started soft foods and taking my vitamins.

Be patient and get as much rest as you can.

I wish you much success on your journey.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 181 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2012 views