Scales that go over 400 pounds

sparkling_dawn
on 7/25/09 4:59 am - New Castle, IN
Does anyone know where to find a scale that goes over 400 pounds?

An affordable one?

I found this one on EBAY... but I'm not sure how well it works...

http://www.amazon.com/Talking-Capacity-Bathroom-Weight-Digital/dp/B000FNH85C/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234402508&sr=8-13

Does anyone have experience with this? Or with another high capacity scale that is affordable?

Or better yet... how do those of you who are/were over 400 weigh?

I have no idea what my actual weight is. My doctor's office adds a counter weight. So we get an idea. But it's not very accurate.

origamistar
on 7/25/09 6:07 am - Tulalip, WA
I totally have that scale! It works great!

taramarie123
on 7/25/09 11:12 am - San Marcos, TX
I found one on Amazon.com when I was looking.  It works great and was affordable.  I don't know if it's still available though because this was about a year ago.
:: libguy ::
on 7/25/09 1:02 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TWE1DA/

I bought this scale. It works great, and is accurate. It had my weight as the same as what it was on the doctor's office's professional scale. The only problem is the batteries. It eats through 2 AAA batteries like they're nothing.
VelvetKiss
on 7/25/09 7:04 pm - Broadview Heights, OH
I have the exact scale your looking to buy and it works great!

Lap Band surgery 07/2006
Lost 150  lbs, Gained back 50 lbs
Lap Band has caused Acid Reflux, Hiatal Hernia, Esophagus Spams and Vitamin Deficiencies.
Seeking a revision to the Duodenal Switch

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 1:04 am
I have the exact scale and it is accurate but tempermental.  Sometimes you get on, it says its ready, you step on and before it give weight it says goodbye, and you have to try maybe a couple more times to get it to say wieght.  Other times I just get on and it works.  But overall, I would say it is worth it.  When I started at my highest weight of 491 it was worse but now that I am 446 it is working a lot better.  I think when you are truly towards the high end it is tempermental and not as accurate since at first when I started with the hospital program on the days I got weighed there it was always about 3 or so pounds less than what my scale said I had lost.  But it gets more accurate as you lose and is a good measure I think. 

Also, do you have a weigh****chers near you, at first I started there because the one near me has a scale that weighs up to 600 pounds and for $13 a week it wasn't bad and also at the beginning I think it was good because I could not torture myself by weighing every day sometimes twice a day.  I try to do no more than once a week now, but dont always make it.
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 1:10 am
Oh I wanted to add one more thing, my personal pet peeve..

When a doctor takes on an obese patient as a patient, why dont they spend the 50 to 80 bucks to buy a scale that can properly weigh thier patient.  I think they could afford it better and it is part of treating us as patients.  I think it is just one more way to humiliate us obese people.  One of my doctor's offices, every time I go their the nurse first takes you to get BP, pulse and weight (although I cant get weighed there and she knows it because the scale is one of those sliding weight jobs that only goes to 300 i think), but every time she says snarkily "Can I get you on the scale yet?"  Please, like she does not know that I dont weigh under 300! 

sparkling_dawn
on 7/26/09 2:10 am - New Castle, IN
I agree that it sucks. Because of this issue with my old doctor... scale only goes to 350... no counter weights... I didn't have weights for several years. Luckily my OBGYN has a digital scale. So I had weights from that.

Since I am 430 range right now I think I'd better go with the one I posted about... the 440 one would be too close if I gain anything.

Thanks for all the input!
peggy76
on 7/26/09 6:53 am - girardville, PA
 i actually found a scale at walmart that goes up to 450 for around $30 and is accuate withing a pound..  ive checked by weighing myself b4 i went to docs.. then at docs... then when i came home.. and i was actually 1 pound less on docs scale.. so that felt good..  its a health-o-meter scale... 

sparkling_dawn
on 7/26/09 8:53 am - New Castle, IN
At Wal-Mart? Wow. I will have to look for that.

Most Active