Tomorrow I go for my

talula216
on 11/21/11 8:29 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
2nd appointment with the surgeon.  I should say Hi I am new to this forum,  I have done all my   testing.  I meet with my surgeon to go over the test results.  I am hoping all is well and the next step will be a surgery date.  I am scared the surgeon may ask me to lose some weight before surgery.  But if I have to I will do my best. 

My only concern was I didn't have to have a endoscopy.  I though that was one of the test.  I called the office about it they said I didn't have to have one.    I just have to stay calm.  Right after my appt with the surgeon its my support group meeting.  Whch I have been attending since I started the process was back in May.  It feels so unreal that I may be getting close to a surgery date.

Talula
Starting weight 369

Jodi D.
on 11/21/11 11:00 pm - Huber Heights, OH
Looks like you're on your way! My surgeon didn't set a specific weight loss before surgery. I had to follow a simple diet 2 weeks before to shrink the liver a bit. No big deal! I guess I was lucky because from what I've seen on here, there are quite a few that had to do the protein drink only for awhile. Good luck and let us know!
talula216
on 11/22/11 1:17 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Thank you.  I am getting nervous getting close to meeting with my surgeon.  I recently found out my surgeon dose not require a pre-op liquid diet.  He feels it really isn't necessary.  Just a light breakfast the day before then all liquids the remainder of the day.    I am hoping for a date between Christmas and new years. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

InkdSpEdTchr
on 11/22/11 5:59 am
Hello and Welcome Talula!!

I hope you get your surgery date soon~! I also hope that you are working on creating new positive habits now, and getting rid of the unhealthy ones....

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

talula216
on 11/22/11 1:11 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Hi Danni

Yes I am trying to change some of the things I was doing.  I am trying to listen to my body and see if I am really hungry.  I got rid of the junk food out of the house.  I am very lucky my family is very supportive of my decision.  I am so exctied to have this surgery.  I have been fighting this battle since i was 10yo. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

talula216
on 11/22/11 1:14 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
one thing I forgot to mention my Surgeons office have a wonderful pre and post op program.  Starting in 2012 there going to have a mentor program starting. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

Most Active