I saw this article and thought some may relate to it. Hope it helps.

Miss_Kitty
on 12/8/11 5:55 am - New Bedford, MA
Q: My husband has been putting on weight lately, and I am finding it hard to have sex with him. He knows something is wrong because usually I want sex all the time. How do I get over these negative feelings about his weight, or tell him without hurting his feelings? How do I get back into the mood?
— Anonymous
  Dr. Laura Berman A: 

Physical attraction is an important part of romantic relationships. The fact that you don't find your spouse's weight gain appealing is not necessarily shallow — we need to be attracted to our mates, both physically and emotionally. So it's probably time to clue your spouse in to your needs. This doesn't mean you have to come right out and say "Honey, you need to lose weight!" Try to be a little more subtle! For instance, tell him you want to lead a healthier lifestyle and start cooking nutritious, lean dinners for both of you. Pack him a healthy lunch to take to work so he doesn't eat fast food or vending machine fare. Ask him to join you for walks around the neighborhood or for bike rides in the park. Don't buy junk food (like chips, candy, and soda); replace it with healthy snacks like almonds and fruit.

If he resists improving his health and appearance, you might need to sit down with him and talk about how you feel. Tell him you love him regardless of his looks but that you still need the romance and attraction that is the cornerstone of all good relationships. Finally, try having sex with him more often — it is a good cardio exercise (for both of you!), and the happier you make him in the bedroom, the less happiness he will need to seek in the kitchen!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Brenda C.
on 12/19/11 1:42 pm
Hmmmmmmmm...

I hate to admit this, but I am more attracted to my 400 pound sweetie than my ex-husband who was a Marine (6' 1" 190).  My ex husband was blown away when he found out I am more apt to be attracted to chubby men (my Sweetie is MORE than chubby, but you get where I am headed...), so I actually do not have a problem being sexual interested in a larger body.

Okay, I am not saying I would prefer my Sweetie to stay his current size, I prefer him HEALTHY, and when he is ready to lose weight, I am there next to him.  Sex and the larger body is something of a mechanical thing to overcome.  Yup, I said it!  I have been very (ahem) acrobatic in my love making, even when I was 474 pounds. 

I do agree having BETTER food choices will usually make a person healthier, I also do not think brow beating someone into losing weight will ever work (like his parents have done his entire life).  I luckily did not have a parent who fed me junk food, but I still was fat.  My own daughter was fat, but I helped her by just eating a meal replacement breakfast (she hates eating in the morning), lose over 100 pounds (and kept it off FIVE years!).  You cannot eat garbage, if it isn't in your home!

As for exercise, go for WALKS TOGETHER!  Showing interest in a partner HELPS motivate them to do more, physically.  I like to do more than just head off to the movies or sit in front of the TV, so my Sweetie & I usually do something active together a few times a week.

Just my two, three, four cents...
Brenda : )~
Most Active