scared to eat!!!

mispysmom
on 11/14/13 3:31 am - elliot lake, Canada
first off, i do like this new format on OH...i cant find anything....tht being said, i feel tye need to express tht now tht i have had my surgery I am scared to eat, not cuz I think it will hurt, but because i am afaid of gaining the weight i.have lost, i am only 3.5 weeks post op, i will.be meeting with my nutritionist on the 28 of this month, i am very careful not to over eat, and i measure everything eating the protien.first, but.even when I am hungry i have to force myself to eat.....uuggghhh i have to get over this!!advice would be great....thanks!

Amanda

Laura in Texas
on 11/14/13 6:32 am

Hang in there!! It does get better as time goes by, I promise.

Maybe writing everything down would help you to see that you are doing everything your program tells you to do.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

KittyKarin
on 11/17/13 2:23 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I had the same feeling right after surgery. You are probably like me and have tried every diet and weight loss program out there and it's never worked long term. That scared me into thinking that this was going to be another weight Loss attempt that doesn't work. But work through those feelings. Realize that you are in charge of what when and how you eat. You now have an awesome tool that can help you stay on track when you may feel like derailing your efforts. Believe in yourself and try to make the right choices. If you make a Mistake, all isn't lost. Acknowledge it, try to learn from it and move on. 

Like Laura said, write down or journal your food and try to work on getting the protein and vitamins you need.  The rest will come together in time. Good luck!! :-)

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Most Active