Swim suit dilemma

Patty T.
on 5/29/15 4:45 pm - Boalsburg, PA

I've not shopped K mart or Target for years. How big do they go?

Excellent point about feeling good about myself. I'm worth it! 

haysworld
on 5/29/15 8:55 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Wear two if it is comfortable. The water aerobic instructor said we can wear anything in the pool that is not cotton and will allow us to be focused on class. Bike shorts and lyrca tshirt with short sleeves over a sports bra is my current swimsuit. I got the idea after looking online at plus size suits from Hydrochic and Aquabelle.  Also surfers wear shirts called Rash Guards that come in any sleeve length.

Patty T.
on 5/29/15 4:43 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Good point on the comfort. I do remember now that I tried layering once, and the extra saggy fabric was distracting. So I guess the amount of stretch damage is a factor. :-)

TexasLady52
on 6/2/15 10:18 am
Revision on 06/10/14

When I started at the pool....I was still a very large size.  I did not want to spend $70-$99 for a suit.  I bought a pair of men's swimtrunks.....wore an old bra and a t-shirt.  Men's trunks from Walmart are under $20.  This worked for me.  Besides I wanted more to cover up my thighs.

Triksy
on 6/4/15 12:03 pm
RNY on 05/20/15

I was in almost your exact same situation, I am strictly water aerobics and swimming for my exercise. I had to have a new suite 3 weeks pre-op. (One of my straps broke on my old one) So I ordered a new one from woman within, I'm now 2 weeks post op and its at least 1 size too big. So I would recommend that if you cant make do with what you have that you go ahead and order one size smaller.

Another thing would be to check ebay and try to find a better price on a suite because post op apparently we wont be in one size for very long and so it could become a very expensive problem.

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

Patty T.
on 6/4/15 9:00 am, edited 6/4/15 9:01 am - Boalsburg, PA

I found my fav Woman Within suit on sale, so got one in my current size and another a size smaller. The larger one fit well - the lycra gave me the support I'd been lacking with the old ones and was comfortable, not too tight (like they had been before). It was so freeing not to be concerned about it and feel more like an orca than a walrus.

How soon are you cleared to go back in the water? My doc said I can water walk at about 10 days, but no swimming or water aerobics for a while. :-(

Triksy
on 6/5/15 8:49 am
RNY on 05/20/15

I was cleared at 10 days to return to water aerobics and swimming. He told me to take is slow and listen to my body. Oh and no weights.

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

hammonds99
on 6/26/15 12:06 pm

I found a website called  swimsuitsforall.com    They have some nice suits you can get for about 30.00 plus shipping.   They also come in big girls sizes.   

robinreinhardt
on 6/26/15 1:33 pm

Patty,

You might try Walmart. I understand they have swim suits. Good for you for having surgery soon. Best of luck to you.

Robin

Most Active