Swim suit dilemma

Patty T.
on 5/28/15 12:54 pm - Boalsburg, PA

My current rotation of swim suits are way past replacement date. Stretched out so as to provide no support and wearing thin. On my last swim the cups are so loose that one boob stayed in and the other fell out the bottom of the suit bra - luckily I wear a one piece, so I just had a very lopsided chest with no nip slip. I also saw a small tear in the crotch. 

I'm getting closer to surgery, but probably 2-4 months away. I have a 6 week prep diet of about 900 cals, so will be ramping up losing. Do I buy a cheap suit? (at my size it not THAT cheap) Or get one a size down? Or wear a tee shirt or tank top over it?

I had a water aerobics instructor who sometimes wore 2 bad ones layered.

Advice?

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/15 9:01 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I like the idea of 2 bad ones layered! I've gotten bitten badly with some of the clothes I bought while losing pre-op. Most of them weren't even worn once before they didn't fit anymore, so I'm trying to keep my current wardrobe as small as possible (pun intended). Another option might be to find one that's a style that would be a little more forgiving of size changes as you lose weight, but I have no idea what style that would be.

I'm in a swimsuit dilemma myself. I just joined LA Fitness and plan to start taking their Aqua Fit class with my boss and another coworker, but my upper arms and thighs are now so wrinkly and saggy that I'm embarrassed to be seen in a swim suit at all. I wish they made some with sleeves.  

Patty T.
on 5/29/15 4:40 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Would a rashguard work?

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/15 4:45 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Ooh good idea, I'd never heard of a rashguard, but it looks like it might work! Thanks!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/29/15 4:59 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Can I ask what size you need?  I know that's very personal -- but if you don't mind posting, I could see if I have one that I could just give to you.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Patty T.
on 5/29/15 4:35 pm - Boalsburg, PA

I'm still at the stage where my shopping options are limited to Roamans/Woman I've been buying 32W, specifically this suit in different colors over the years. I see there's a sale going on!

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Swimsuit-with-colorblocking-by-Swim-365.aspx?PfId=210012&DeptId=9292&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=8&Splt=0#.VWj3MM9Viko

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/10/15 6:18 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Did you get a suit?  I had just gotten rid of my 26/28 suits when I saw this post.  I am so proud of you for swimming -- it's great exercise.  

Patty T.
on 6/11/15 5:48 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Yes! I got 2 on sale. One that fits now and one to shrink into. I adore swimming - it's the one physical activity I can do as well as anyone else. Better than most actually! Lately I've been swimming for an hour a session. I've worked up to 3-4 days a week so my next goal is 4-5. The hot weather is a good motivator!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/11/15 5:58 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

That is truly wonderful!  I am so proud and happy for you.  Keep up the great work.  Your goals are awesome!

i8it77
on 5/29/15 5:29 am
VSG on 04/21/15

They should be going on clearance soon. K mart had 50 percent off last week (I'm a 24). If not having a suit your happy with could prevent you from exercising more. than yes I would buy a new one. Other wise the tshirt and doubling up sounds good to

Most Active