Bathrom Scales?

G. Carter
on 7/28/05 4:32 am - Columbus, OH
Although I am post op and have lost 115 lbs. I am still considered super obese. The only time I can weigh in is at the Dr's office because the normal bathroom scales don't go past 300 lbs or the made in China mark. My question is ... do you have a high capacity bathroom scale for weight over 300,400 or 500 lbs.? If so, please share the brand, price and the place to purchase one. If you don't have a scale please share your weigh in experience? Thank you, Georgeann
ladivainotown
on 7/28/05 7:49 am - Orlando, FL
Man don't get me started on the whole scale thing! LOL When my husband was pre-op we used to have to go to the loading dock area of the hospital where our surgeon is located and weigh him on that scale becuase he was 525. When I would go to my PCP they always had to add that stupid little weight onto the top part because I was over 300 pounds. There was not one nurse or assistant that knew how to use that added "weight" piece so you should see all the different weights that are in my chart. I would just laugh at them and their ignorance. I knew my weight form going to my surgeon's office but I wanted them to look like the fools they were so I never helped them out. We currently use a Weigh****chers digital scale that hubby got at Sears that goes up to 350. It was about $50. Sincerely, Dawn Post-Op 9/23/04 399/248/200 Pre-op BMI-69 Current BMI-45
G. Carter
on 7/28/05 8:23 am - Columbus, OH
Yes Dawn, I too remember that additional weight thingy and having to be weighed on a shipping scale to keep track of my weight pre op. The good thing is that the shipping scale was located in the basement of the hospital. The hospitals here now have more modern scales that can track weight up to 800 lbs. I don't always have a way to get there just to be weighed. I'm looking for a scale with the capacity of 440 lbs and up. How much has your husband lost so far? I was close to his pre op weight when I had surgery. Georgeann
Tina P.
on 7/28/05 9:08 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Georgeann: You can weigh on scales that only go to 300 or 350. I learned how from a place called 'Amplestuff'. ( xcellent site for people of size needs) Have a 'reg' size person weigh on the scales. Write it down. Then, have them place the end of a stethescope on the end/nipple of the top right of the scale. (to the right of the numbers) Have them weigh again, it will be a lesser number than before. EX: If the first weight was 200lbs, then with the stethescope they weigh 100, you know when you weigh with the stethescope on, that there is a 100 lb difference. So if you weigh 300 with the stethescope on the end/nipple that sticks out, you actually weigh 400. I did this and also used 2 bathroom scales and stood 1 foot on each and added the totals. ~Tina~ 534/347/?
Amy Williams
on 7/28/05 11:17 am
G. Carter
on 7/29/05 5:34 pm - Columbus, OH
Oooooooweeee Amy, this is what I am looking for and it is in my price range even if I don't bid on it ... thanks. Georgeann
Myra
on 8/2/05 12:05 am - MO
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks! I've been having to go to the local Dialysis Center and have someone weigh me with everyone else looking on ... it's a wheel chair accessible scale. Even though I'm within the parameters of my Doctor's scale, I just didn't relish going there to be weighed either. I'm off to Ebay to bid! Thanks again. Myra
CrystalT
on 7/28/05 11:57 am - Okeechobee, FL
I go to Walmart and at the enterance there is a scale that does a print out I am not sure exactly how much it goes to but I do know it goes over 350. Crystal 381/347/????
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 3:33 pm - Chandler, AZ
Here is the web address of the place I got my scales. They work really well and they have one that weighs up to 440 lbs http://health-care.balances.com/ for 78.95. Sandyd
catleth
on 7/29/05 2:49 am - OC, WI
I have a scale I got off the internet by doing a search for scales and found lots of places that sell them. I bought one like at the doctor's office for $200. We have gotten our money's worth from that thing. I use it almost daily and it seems everyone who comes to my house uses it too!
Most Active