Hair Loss!!!! When does it come back?!?!

charlee
on 7/27/11 6:35 am - Ashland, MS
I began losing hair (falling out from roots and breakage) at about 4 months out and it has now finally slowed at 11 months out!  I can see no sign of new hair coming in and am very anxious about whether it will return or not at this point!  Someone please advise!!  Thanks!  Charlee
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/29/11 12:00 pm
 Hi Charlee, 

I accidentally clicked here, going to the DS board, and think you did too, lol. 

This is the BPD board, which confusingly is not the same as the BPD-DS (or DS) which is what we both had. This board is dead, dead, dead, so you may have to post on the DS board to get some answers, but I'll give you my 2 cents on the hair. 

Make sure you are getting your supplements (including biotin, zinc, vit C) and especially protein. I have heard that when the hair finally falls out, it's because there is a new one pushing up from below, so hopefully you will start seeing new baby hairs soon - you would be right on schedule.

charlee
on 8/1/11 5:32 am - Ashland, MS
Thanks for your message and the encouragement!
sweetpotato1959
on 8/4/11 2:07 pm
 Get some Zinc losenges and use one every other day for the first week then two the next week and see if it helps.   you should see a cessation of loss and it will begin to come back in a couple of weeks....  Cold-eze at wal mart....It's what I have used for years...I am 15 years post op.
charlee
on 8/8/11 7:36 am - Ashland, MS
Hey, that's a new idea!  Thanks so much, I'll certainly try it!
Most Active