type 2 blood sugar a little high in morning

mickeymantle
on 8/18/13 3:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I am 4 weeks out and am off of my insulin and byetta since my surgery only taking metaformin 2 times a day 

my evening sugar 2 hours after eating is 90-110, but my morning fasting bloods sugar runs 118-138

seems when I eat less carbs my sugar goes up

im seeing my endocrinologist this week   but is this normal after the sleeve

ps I have been diabetic over 12 years and on insulin about 2 years and was told it probably will not go away completely with my vsg

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

mokee
on 8/22/13 9:35 am - OH
I have had diagnosed diabetes for 15 yrs. was on insulin for 2 yrs at time of surgery. Also 2 metforin a day. I was taking 4 shots a day and 2000 metforin. Right after surgery I was about 120 so took no meds per my endo. As time went on it got higher and higher. You know that first month we eat no carbs at all except what may be in broth or skim milk which I hardly never drank. Long story short I am 9 months out down 82 lbs and still on 2 shots of insulin a day but a lot less units plus the metforin. At my last endo visit she said it is probably not going to work for me like all the good stories you here on this site. My A1C is still 8.2 so she will probably increase insulin again. I can not exercise so this has a lot to do with it also and at this time the CARB monster is back again.

Yours is a lot lower than mine was at a month. I was up in the 190's at that point and that is when she started me on insulin again. Best of luck to you. Please let me know how you are doing.

VSG  12-28-2012

funkyphillygirl
on 9/4/13 2:10 pm

I say this all the time, but please remember that you are so much healthier!!  That is the most important thing....

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/15 6:00 am - nyork, AK

Here are a few wonderful tips and effective natural remedies I would like to share with you that will help you control blood sugar and live a healthy life.

the alternative health viewpoint about diabetes is not about normalizing blood sugar, but in having your body in a state of homeostasis. 

i have read that simply removing food items like dairy and grains (wheat, rice, corn) has helped immensely. 

also, eating all of your vegetables raw. the raw food diet (that concentrates on being vegan, though i believe you need some animal products in your diet) has been studied and found effective in weight loss and type-2 diabetes. 

mainly, you want to optimize your vegetables and good fats (eggs, fish) and minimize dairy and vegetable oils. 

eat lots of vegetables, preferably raw, drink lots of water. stop eating dairy and grains is probably the most important. 

Cinnamon is highly recommended for diabetics, as well as lemon and vinegar (mixing drinking water with lemon or cooking with vinegar, adding vinegar to a salad). This is because both lemon and vinegar are acidic and somewhat neutralize the blood sugar. You have to be careful though not to over do it, because if u eat or drink foods with too much acidity you can get stomach problems. So always do everything in moderation. I also suggest a good multivitamin, a lot of diabetics or prediabetics are lacking certain vitamins. If you dont have diabetes under control it could potential lead to very serious problems. Make sure to take care of your feet (routine pedicures) because diabetics could get a cut on their feet and get an infection, the decrease in circulation sometimes causes diabetics not to notice the cut or infection and then it could lead to amputation. I also suggest you take special vitamins (specifically for diabetics) for your eyes as well, because diabetes greatly affects the eyes. So If you're looking for home remedies to cure diabetes, just try these and see the amazing result. 

The best NATURAL answer to Diabetes is Bitter Melon. 

This vegetable is available in all markets. I think some Indian grocery shops also have this vegetable. 

Wash the vegetable and eat it raw - about half the vegetable per day and check your sugar level after about 4 days - you will see the difference. Of course I must warn you that the taste of it is very unpleasant. Once you know that it is good for you you will come to like it. 

mickeymantle
on 9/22/15 9:49 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

this is a very old thread

my a1c has been 5.6 for 2 years , 6 months ago my doctor took me off my last diabetes meds

my doctor put my hubby that is pre diabetic with high cholesterol and triglycerides  on a high whole grain diet ,( the spectrum diet by dr dean Ornish { he is the white house doctor in-charge of the kitchen }) he lost 30 lb so far and his triglycerides are normal now

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 160 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 489 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 831 views