Recent Posts

EODprincess06
on 8/21/23 12:34 pm
Topic: RE: Continuous Blood Sugar Monitor

I asked my PCM to prescribe a CGM and she refused because I am not insulin reliant. I take metformin three times a day and last month Doc put me on trulicity. I am constantly checking my sugar and keep a detailed log. I think for me it would be a great tool.

Hang in there ?

Kim

LouBricity
on 7/10/23 7:23 am
Topic: RE: Dry Mouth Substitute

Hello Kayla. I came across your post about dry mouth and have some feedback if you?re interested?

Kayla_Davis1
on 6/22/23 10:21 am
Topic: Dry Mouth Substitute

Hello!

I'm reaching out to this incredible community for some much-needed advice and suggestions. I'm currently battling breast cancer, and one of the side effects I've been experiencing is dry mouth. It's been quite challenging, but I'm determined to find ways to alleviate this discomfort.

I've heard positive buzz about Lubricity and its potential benefits for dry mouth, and I was hoping to connect with individuals who have faced similar challenges. If you have any experience using Lubricity Dry Mouth Spray, I would be immensely grateful if you could share your insights.

Moreover, if you've discovered other remedies or products that have been helpful for dry mouth caused by breast cancer or its treatments, please share them as well.

danialmarkun
on 3/24/23 10:46 am
Topic: RE: Want sugar

I know this thread is old, but if anyone is facing the same problem, here are my thoughts. I've had type 1 diabetes for 10 years, and my biggest cravings are during hormonal changes (mostly before and during my period.) Sometimes the cravings come out of nowhere, no matter what my blood sugar is.

Before that, I ate all the sweets I could find at home, which meant that I had to take 15 more units of insulin than I normally took. And that then led to weight gain. I read someone (or heard, I don't remember) that fiber helps to fill you up and reduces sweet cravings, so I started taking fiber supplements, and it helped quite a bit. I also started eating more pastries. I don't know what kind of bread is in the US, but here in Europe, dark bread with a high percentage of fiber is common, and that made me full, and I didn't have any sweet cravings.

I know it's hard to control cravings, especially when your blood sugar is high, but there are ways to curb those cravings. So, I recommend increasing your fiber intake and drinking a lot of water.

Author of the weight loss affirmations e-book & type 1 diabetic. "You didn't gain all your weight in one day; you won't lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself."

beatricegarmon
on 2/8/23 8:42 pm
Topic: RE: Levemir and Hair Loss

I also suffer from hair loss but it's not a problem. Is Levemir a special shampoo?

tiny fishing

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/22 1:23 pm, edited 10/23/22 7:42 pm

I have just found out I have diabetes, and I am looking for all the info about it. I think I can't eat cereal anymore... I am also going to buy trulicity online soon, and I hope that it will help me with my condition. What do you think about it? I feel very upset and worried and don't know what to do...

olehvgrn
on 10/16/22 2:24 am
olehvgrn
on 10/15/22 3:05 pm

It's sad, but you should monitor your sugar levels

wilmacooley
on 7/19/22 6:46 am
Topic: RE: Trulicity

In preparation for surgery, I have been prescribed trulicity in order to bring down my A1c.

fireboy and watergirl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 488 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views