ginabob1’s Posts

ginabob1
on 9/4/18 4:46 pm
Topic: RE: Need Help and Information

I had my RNY in 2008 and my Diabetes was never resolved and I had gotten my A1C down to 6.8. My worked changed insurance to kaiser who took me off my bydureon and all oral medication and put me on insulin. My A1c shot up to 9.8. Before Kaiser I had almost got down to my ideal weight. after Kaiser taking me off my meds and starting Insulin I shot back up to 234 (started at 290 and lowest weight was 165). My insurance changed again and I went back on my previous bydureon and a couple of meds and my a1c fell to 7.8 so my doctor kept adding until I am taking 5 oral medications and 2 injectables (1 weekly & insulin nightly) this has gotten my A1c down to 6.8 and my weight it down to 190, however my liver enzymes test are coming back really High (AST 212) ALT (311) and I was just released from the hospital with acute pancreatitis and a partial small intestine obstruction.I am feeling really defeated.

My question is, is there a diabetic doctor (IN California ) that specializes with patients who have had the RYN

I feel that my body is not metabolizing the medications properly and my doctor keeps adding meds that are starting to effect my liver. I am an RNY patient who is taking 7 different Medications.

Is there anyone out there with a similar experience? If so what was done to help

ginabob1
on 3/3/09 4:02 am
Topic: RE: Avg time for Diabetes to go away
I had my RNY surgery 9/2/08 and I still have Diabetes.  My sugars in the Mornig run 160-180.
There is around 20% that remain with diabetes.  I am in the process of researching that 20%.
I have lost 96 pounds and am at 198.  I was told by my PA as I lose more weight that It could still
go away.  I have a Doctors appt for the Diabetes next week and really plan to discuss this in detail.

Gina

ginabob1
on 3/3/09 2:33 am
Topic: RE: Pancreas Damage??????????
Yes, I have started back up my deep water areobics Class 3x a week (I was hosptialized back in January).  I also need to start walking again.

Gina

ginabob1
on 3/3/09 12:54 am
Thanks Greg,

I have an appt with my doctor this month and I will talk to
him about testing my pancreas function as well as the
possibility of going on insulin for a while.

Gina

ginabob1
on 3/2/09 1:06 am

Back in 2000 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and diabetes.  My diabetes was treated only by diet until I started Chemo therapy which I had to start taking med for the diabetes.  The Chemo put me into early menopause.  Since the chemo caused the early menopause, does anyone know if it could of damaged my pancreas and maybe that is why I still have diabetes after my RNY?????

ginabob1
on 2/16/09 2:41 am
Topic: RE: Frustrated- still have type two diabetes
I go see my Doctor next month,  I am going to ask for more testing and to take another look at my medications
Gina

ginabob1
on 2/16/09 2:39 am
Thanks for the info, I will look in to it
Gina

ginabob1
on 2/10/09 5:32 am
I did not know that you could be both types.  The only carbs I intake is what is allowed in my veggies and fruits

Thanks
Gina

ginabob1
on 2/10/09 5:30 am, edited 2/10/09 5:35 am
Before Surgery my fasting bs was usually in the 160's.  No I have not had my insulin production checked.  My doctor has never mentioned this to me. Yes I am eating a low carb diet.  I am at a stage where I am just eating protein and what ever carbs are in the fruits & veggies I am allowed
Other Medications that I am on are Zocor, effexor and Vitamins.  I had never had high cholesterol until I became diabetic.  I have no other illness or infections.  I was hospitalized in January for a blood clot in my Jugular vein.  in December I had a kidney stone blast (forgot the name of the procedure)  I did forget to mention (which might be playing a role) I had Breast cancer in 2000. I had a mastectomy and chemo therapy for a year. Could the chemo of damaged my pancreas???????

Gina

ginabob1
on 2/8/09 1:12 pm

I am having a hard time understanding why i am in the percentage of people whose diabetes does not stop after RNY.

Before surgery I was 294 (5'4) (Been diabetic for 8 years with no insulin) and on Actos plus metformin 15/850 mg 1 tab am and 2 tab pm,
10 mcg of Byetta twice a day and amaryl. I left the Hospital only on Metformin and my Diabetes became out of control.   I was put back on everything but the amaryl.  As far as my weight, I am doing very well.  I am 5 months out and have lost a total of 90 lbs.

Does anyone have any thoughts or know of any research that involves people whose Diabetes is not cured after RNY.

Thanks,
Gina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 488 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views