My latest Update!!

Helen C.
on 4/19/11 3:24 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I was officially released from the TPN today and advanced to pureed foods as well. I am so excited to be off of the TPN. My Dr is leaving the central line in place for a month that way it is there in case something comes up and I need it.

I am so happy to have this whole leak issue behind me. I have never once regretted my decision to have the DS but hopefully now I can really start to enjoy it and start reaping the benefits of it as well.

The nurse said today that the weight should start falling off now because I will no longer be getting the "extra" nutrition from the TPN. We shall see but I am extremely optomistic and know that I am going to be healthier and thinner.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, critter swinging and positive thoughts and encouragement.

zcadden
on 4/19/11 3:36 am - New Orleans, LA
Hang in there...you have only just begun.

D U S T I N  

SW/BMI: 303#/50.4    CW/BMI: 162#/26.9 

Start your Journey @ DSFacts.com

danas
on 4/19/11 3:40 am - CA

I'm so happy to read this!

Won against big bad (SoCal) Kaiser for a Duodenal Switch  Haven't heard of DS? Kaiser wants it that way. Come on over & read the truth
Hit goal (Normal BMI) on 2-10-11!    I LOVE my DS!!
My approval process timeline:
02/12/09 - Dr. refused to refer me for WLS
03/03/09 - Vented/whined about it on another board, planned to just wait until next year & switch plans
Let's see what happens!  **updates in blog**
Chad M.
on 4/19/11 3:45 am - Indianapolis, IN
Helen, I'm really happy for you! Don't fret about the line being in. You'll probably have a few more blood draws in the next month if nothing else, so it will have its benefits. I'm sure they told you to keep it flushed. Make sure you do. Mine started to really peter out towards the end.

In my experience, your nurse is right about the weight. TPN bypasses your malabsorption and is FULL of sugar. I actually gained weight on TPN and I was miserable about it. Part of it is real weight, a lot of it is fluid, but it all comes off pretty quickly.
MizCharlotte
on 4/19/11 4:55 am - Spring, TX
Helen,

I am so happy for you that things are turning around.  You have been a trooper, and kept up a great attitude the whole time.  Some would have become despondent over what happend, but you never lost your faith in your DS. 

So now you should get your reward.  Laissez les bons temps roules !

beemerbeeper
on 4/19/11 5:18 am - AL
So good to see such good news.  Woo Hoo!

~Becky

SweetnessandGrace
on 4/19/11 5:23 am - ID
Watch out DS world!  Helen is about to show us how it's done!  So happy for you!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

amccu18007
on 4/19/11 5:24 am - Newark, DE
That is wonderful news!!! Yay!!!!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 5:29 am
Helen, I am so happy for you, this is trully the best news!
scoob
on 4/19/11 6:23 am - Somerset, KY
Helen, this is awesome news! Hold on tight dear!!! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 4 replies · 406 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1315 views
calcium/protein