seriously thinking about revising to the DS

airbender
on 5/21/11 8:02 pm
there are quite a few rny to ds on this board.  what you are experiencing is not uncommon for rny out a few years, unfortunelty.  In time you will not be able to "suppress" your hunger feelings as your rny is the issue, mechanically not your head, so don't blame yourself. rny weight gain in not uncommon especially 4+ yrs out.   you have to be a very proactive patient for the DS as it is not mainstream, but going from rny to ds you will have a better quality of life.  there are few rny to ds surgeons, the 2 you picked are 2 of them, Dr G is performs his DS open,(I thought he was not doing rny to ds now, he does a shorter cc)  Dr R. performs lap (almost no conversions to open, he will not give you a cc shorter than 125cc)   intereview as many competent surgeons as you can for your revision, talk to patients, keep researching.    good luck in your journey and welcome
smile750
on 5/21/11 10:56 pm - Bridgewater, NJ
On May 22, 2011 at 3:02 AM Pacific Time, airbender wrote:
there are quite a few rny to ds on this board.  what you are experiencing is not uncommon for rny out a few years, unfortunelty.  In time you will not be able to "suppress" your hunger feelings as your rny is the issue, mechanically not your head, so don't blame yourself. rny weight gain in not uncommon especially 4+ yrs out.   you have to be a very proactive patient for the DS as it is not mainstream, but going from rny to ds you will have a better quality of life.  there are few rny to ds surgeons, the 2 you picked are 2 of them, Dr G is performs his DS open,(I thought he was not doing rny to ds now, he does a shorter cc)  Dr R. performs lap (almost no conversions to open, he will not give you a cc shorter than 125cc)   intereview as many competent surgeons as you can for your revision, talk to patients, keep researching.    good luck in your journey and welcome
do you know why he's (Greenbaum) not doing rny to ds right now?
KimberlyHeidi
on 5/21/11 11:21 pm - VA
Just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey!
NoMore B.
on 5/21/11 11:26 pm
 FWIW, Dr Roslin is doing a number of RNY to DS revisions these days.  I talked to him about this and also know a few people he's done that dont post here.  I don't think he has the number yet of Dr K, Dr Greenbaum, Dr Rabkin, but he will also not take on someone he considers too complex of a case, he's a conservative surgeon in many regards.

Maybe one of Dr Greenbaum's patients will know more, but I heard he's reduced the number of revisions because he was just getting too many, and remember hearing there was some issue with the hospital over it?
smile750
on 5/21/11 11:35 pm - Bridgewater, NJ
Thanks for the info about Dr. Roslin.  I only know about Greenbaum from another poster not from his office.   When I called his office (Greenbaum) to make an appt I was clear in wanting to talk about a revision from RNY to DS and they didn't say anything otherwise.  I don't have an appt yet - their computers were down on Friday so they'll call me Monday morning.  So we'll see.  Did you see any other surgeons before deciding on Roslin?
NoMore B.
on 5/21/11 11:41 pm
 I did consult with other surgeons, but none that did the DS.  I live in Upstate NY so I consulted with some up here that did only the RNY/LapBand before I knew about the DS.  
newyorkbitch
on 5/21/11 11:55 pm, edited 5/21/11 11:55 pm
Have you consulted with Dan Herron or Barry Inabnet at Mt Sinai,  or Alfons Pomp at Cornell?

These are some of the most experienced DS surgeons in the country.

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 12:11 am
smile750
on 5/22/11 12:51 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I guess one always looks to see who's closest and I've been spoiled living in the NY area to having access to many fine physicians, surgeons, and hospitals.  Your point is well taken - and I have absolutely NO interest in ERNY.

Just cause I'm curious I checked to see if Dr. Keshishian is considered a provider in my insurance and he is (I've got Horizon BCBS NJ - a PPO plan for NJ state employees).  Rabkin is as well.  I see the doctor from Duke listed quite a bit as well as far as revisions. 

I'm a research "aholic" so I'm looking forward to reading reading reading!!!  I appreciate all of the input from those on here.

Keep giving me more!

Thanks,

Jen
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 1:10 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom