5 1/2 week update

Diane Davis
on 9/27/11 11:35 am
Thanks Donna, I'll take your advice!  Much appreciated.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Heres2anewme
on 9/26/11 12:49 am - TX
I'm sorry you aren't feeling better. Hang in there DIane, it gets better!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:39 am
Thanks Jammille!

I haven't heard from Nika, how's she doing?  You can PM me if you want, I'm really concerned about her.
Heres2anewme
on 9/26/11 2:57 am - TX
Diane, she is doing well. She said she's feeling pretty good. I think like you she is a bit tired from time to time. Like Chad said though, it takes a while to get back to "normal". Our bodies have gone through a major change and instantly bouncing back isn't always the case. Soon, you'll be reaping all the benefits of this DS life!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 3:02 am
Please let Nika know I'm thinking about her.

Thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot!
Blank Out
on 9/26/11 1:10 am
 This time is hard!  For me, it was not until 3 months out that I began to feel better again, and I had a complication free surgery!  So, you are right on track!  Hang in there!  Before you know it, you will get around that bend!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:42 am
Thanks Diane, I'm looking forward to that day!
Chad M.
on 9/26/11 2:38 am - Indianapolis, IN
It definitely gets better than this! I had no energy until about month 3 so don't feel like you are alone. All of the liquid protein supplements gave me diarrhea as well and I wasn't able to get that under control until I stopped them, which was when I was eating more and I could do protein bars to make up the difference.

Hang in there and definitely get some IV fluids if you are not hydrated enough. Zofran worked well for me when I had nausea and I did not have any side effects from it.

Trying different temperatures, tastes, and textures of liquids might help too. I could not do anything thick, no plain water, and nothing too cold for a long time. A cup of hot broth would go down very easily though!
Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:44 am
Thanks Chad, this gives me encouragement.  You're such a big help to me, thank you!
litebrite
on 9/26/11 11:27 am - Telford, PA
Hang in there!!!  I had surgery the just two days before you.  The past two days I have felt semi-normal.  I got thrush and all I did was dry heave and gag.  Smells, food, liquid, well it seems like everything, lol.   I finally and feeling better.

PS-I worry about the bathroom at work as well.  I work in healthcare and am the only person in the office but an MD.  I can't just leave.  Plus the bathroom is RIGHT outside the waiting room--UGH.  My trips are usually musical, lol.  I am dreading it!
DS on 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1255 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views