one month out/only 29 lbs down

kirmy
on 11/1/11 10:45 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh for ***** sake..

Give yourself an uppercut!

Now redeem yourself by finding the image I'm looking for re: my tattoo.

Did you really just ask...nah just fugddaboutit.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
butercup
on 11/2/11 2:57 am - Kennewick, WA
I looked and I can't find it.  I've even looked on YouTube to see if they had the scene and I could take a screen shot with my phone and text it to you.  I even looked to see if Netflix had it instan****ch so I could take a shot of it too.  Why am I doing this for you, it's mostly out of boredom and I like a challenge, and it was kind of a fun little egg hunt, I also just plain like you and I'm a fan of tattoos.  No dice though.  You might end up having to put it on to watch and get it to the scene and take a picture of it.  Good luck.

Also to the OP, get a grip dude.  It's been a month.  If you are still only 29lbs down in a year then you may complain. It'll come off and I know the feeling of wanting it off now too.  I had my surgery almost 6 weeks ago.
J J the Jet Plane
on 11/1/11 11:16 pm
Eat some fat and get those brain cells to working, you are fine!

Don't worry about the scale -- how do you feel?

And BTW every pound you are over weight is like 4 pounds of pressure on your knees you tookoff over 100 pounds of pressure, off your knees. Awesome!
Keep at it you are doing good.
JJ
Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 12:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'd like to help put 29 pounds in ONE MONTH into perspective for you. I don't see on your profile where you started or how much you have to lose, but I hope you'll see how this works and plug in your own numbers for review.

With the DS, a very realistic expectation is to get rid of (long term) somewhere around 80% of your excess weight. 100% IS NOT REALISTIC. Tattoo that on the insides of your eyelids. It's possible but NOT REALISTIC.

If you have 100 pounds to lose, that means a realistic place to expect to be in ten years is down 80 pounds. I had 240 pounds to lose, so realistic for me in another five years (and of COURSE I hope to do better than that) would be down 192 pounds.

So, let's look at that 29 pounds. If you have 100 to lose, and therefore 80 is realistic, in just ONE MONTH you are over 36% of the way to Realistic World. On me, that 29 pounds would have put me over 15% of the way to Realistic World. ALSO fantastic.

On what other diet have you ever been able to have that kind of success AND the degree of optimism that it will work long term that the DS offers you? You're losing an average of about 6.75 pounds per week. In what universe is that slow or "ONLY" anything? 

Now, here's the thing: IT WILL SLOW DOWN.  This is a marathon, not a sprint. Quit expecting magic and miracles. Ten years from now it will matter not one whit whether you lost your weight in six months or three years. You need to be realistic and thinking for the long term here.

Jody W.
on 11/2/11 12:10 am - Windsor, CT
WOW!!! I have no idea what to say!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

shannn
on 11/2/11 2:44 am - Knoxville , TN
I lost "only" 22 pounds in my first month.
Now I'm 16 months out and I've lost 165 pounds. (way below goal)
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

Shavonne P.
on 11/2/11 2:58 am
I had to shake my head when I saw this post.  I remember when I had my first plateau starting 4 weeks out and posted about  it, I got my hit bit off.   I am sure you are running on emotions thinking something has failed you, but it hasn't.  Try to relax :0)
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1081 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1250 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 511 views