Comparing Vitamins

RhondaDenise
on 11/2/11 1:07 am - Crossville, TN
 OK  I have been comparison shopping on vitamins.  

I found at Vitamin World E-400 - 250 softgels for $17.49

At Vitalady E-400 - 250 dry capsule for $24.29.

Do we abosrb the Vitalady and not so much the one from Vitamin World?

It really does pay to comparison shop.

Vitamin world Chelated Zinc is 250 for $8.99  and Vitalady is $5.99.  WOW big difference.

Vitamin World Chelated Copper is 100 for $4.49 and Vitalady is $5.99

Vitamin world B-12 60 for $19.99 and Vitalady 60 for $28.99.  I doubled checked that one cuz of the big price difference.  I think I am missing something. (both are 5,000 mcg) And Vitamin World it's buy one get one half off.  What am I missing there?  LOL

Thanks,

Rhonda

Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 1:33 am - Burlington County, NJ
Softgel E is assuredly an oil and therefore useless.

What's the source of the B-12? That makes a difference in bioavailability. Also, are both the same kind of sublingual delivery system? Some of the sublinguals don't dissolve well at all and it's very hard to not just swallow them. That means a LOT less of the stuff gets absorbed.

Kayla B.
on 11/2/11 1:39 am - Austin, TX
Look at the labels.  Different vitamins come in different forms.  B-12 comes in cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin.  Vitamin world b-12 is cyanocobalamin, which is not as good as the methylcobalamin (which is what it found on vitalady's site).  Whether it actually MATTERS, as in -- are you going to be deficiency on the cyano, I don't know.  Maybe, maybe not.  It's just an explanation for the price difference.  It's not exactly comparing apples to apples, know what I mean?

I would be interested to hear your progress on the cyanocobalamin and gelcaps of vitamin E, so if you go that route, I do hope you'll keep us posted.  It'd be my thought that you might need more of the oily vitamin E and if you need a bigger dose for the same effect, it's not really a price savings.

Also, vitalady gives you free shipping if you order over $300, so for me it is often cheaper and easier to get everything that I can through her a couple of times per year.  I have found for the most part that even when factoring in buy 2 get 3 free sales from pilgrims pride, that when the products are identically matched, she tends to either be the same price or slightly less.

I have nothing against comparison shopping of course.  I frequently use vitacost for some vitamins as well, simply because they are not sold by vitalady, but I can almost guarantee that if she did carry those products, that she'd have the best price.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
RhondaDenise
on 11/2/11 2:01 am - Crossville, TN
 Thank You so much for your responses.

Yes the E is oil....Gonna be taking it back.

B-12 from Vitamin WOrld is Cyanocobalamin so I will be taking that back also.

SO why mess with what is working...And you are right...With ordering from Vitalady free shipping (alway**** the $300.00) and no tax.  

So far my labs have been fine so I might as well stick with what I have been doing.

Again Thank You for your responses.  

I so love being able to come to this awesome sight and get help from you all.

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU

Rhonda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 235 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 727 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views