Reglan

Dena73
on 12/5/11 5:28 am - Hamilton, NJ
I remember when I looked into having my surgery and reading the boards while I was researching.  I am looking for the posts about Reglan and its side effects.  Can someone help me out?  I will continue to search, but if anyone know off the top of their head, I would appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

cajungirl
on 12/5/11 5:34 am
PM Diana Cox, she had some very bad side affects from Reglan.  I don't have time to Google it now but if I recall there may even be a class action suit going on right now related to reglan.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Elizabeth N.
on 12/5/11 5:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
Go to Google and put in "Reglan side effects." The hits will go on for pages.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 6:08 am - San Jose, CA
Some people have no problem with it.  Some - like me - have TERRIBLE problems that last a LONG time.

There are better and safer drugs for the same purposes.  Zofran for nausea for example. 

These reported side effects pretty well track what I went through, without the tardive dyskinesia:
http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=17854&name=RE GLAN

Extreme anxiety, panic attacks, suicidal ideation for NO reason whatsoever - and then depression, again for NO good reason.

(Note: everyone can have SOME reason for depression at any time, but I had been in much worse situations without becoming depressed - and the situation I was in was that everyone was otherwise healthy, I had just made beaucoup bucks when my company was sold, I had 1.25 years of salary as severance and 1 year of paid COBRA - AND a well-paying part-time work-from-home job lined up - and I had the time and money to finally have my reconstructive surgery - there simply was no good reason for depression, other than perhaps the "rebound" of emotional **** that can happen when things are pretty bad but then suddenly get better!)
Katester
on 12/6/11 12:18 am
I second exactly what Diana said. I had reglan after my sleeve for nausea. My surgeon also gave it to me again for the heartburn I was having because he said my throat/esophagus was probably irritated from being tubed during the operation (still 8 weeks later? Oh well, I took it). I took the reglan for about 8 days and wanted to die by day 3. Wanted to run people off of the road, wanted to skin my dogs becaues they disturbed me to go potty...it was bad. I stopped taking it and was back to normal within a week or so...don't take it. and if you are on it, STOP taking it.
beth-28
on 12/5/11 6:30 am
I am allergic to reglan. After taking it the first time, my tongue swelled up and the side of my face drooped. My family thought I was having a stroke!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

tee4change
on 12/5/11 7:03 am, edited 12/5/11 7:05 am - NY
Please I am a victim of Reglan. Don't take it ! please stay away . It ruined my life for a year.

My story.... I went to my primary for an issue with my neck back in 2007. My doc prescribed REGLAN
After 2 days I was 911 out of my house after passing out and being unable to move. Once at the the ER the docs there said I was lucky because some people turn their head to the left and it take hours to bring it back .YIKES!!
The months following that incident I had spasms all over, including my eye sockets and private parts. The scariest was not feeling the weight of my limbs but being able to move them. The sound in my ears constantly changing,horrid.
Just imaging seeing your leg moving it but not being able to feel its presence .
There was chest pain and many ambulance rides. I thought I was having a heart attack once while driving. I pulled over,people came to my aid in street and I was  taken to the hospital via ambulance 
After a lot of diagnostic testing to rule out cardiovascular issues I was diagnosed with panic attacks,which were caused by reglan....nasty panic attacks that tormented my life for a year.  I never had them before.  I had to be medicated and spent a lot of time with my psychiatrist.  Thankfully after a few months of treatment I slowly got my life back and regained control.
If you value your quality of life, stay away from REGLAN
HAHA on a funny note, on my pre-opt paper work for bariatric surgery there is a question which asks, Is there anything your surgeon should know about you?
I wrote, ****NO REGLAN, PLEASE*****
excuse typos I am on the phone while writing this
walter A.
on 12/5/11 11:54 am - lafayette, NJ
took reglan when it first came out for gerd,  then had a fundy wrap, and was done with it.  no side effects.
J J the Jet Plane
on 12/5/11 11:56 am
I took it but didn't have any major side effects other than I didn't feel good.  There are so many side effects the drug comes with a warning page from the pharmacist. I had to sign I would read it in its entirety before starting the drug. I took it for a few weeks, discontinued use.
Sorry Im not more helpful
JJ
Victorious_one
on 12/5/11 11:46 pm - South Central, PA

I posted about Reglan a while ago, and here's what I got:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4217505/Your-experiences-with-Reglan/#34612646

I decided NOT to take it.  Currently, I'm on 80mg of Pepcid a day to keep the GERD at bay.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 252 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 735 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views