Would you believe...?

colene
on 4/20/12 9:28 am
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3891846/Bowel-Obstruction-Sympton-CheckList/#31294479

I have had 2 obstructions. The first was misdiagnosed by unfamiliar medical professionals, 13 days CICU and repair and all better. The second I knew what was wrong from the previous problem, and much more prepared to get myself to better help! 5 days in the hospital after a repair and much better. It is very important that we know our altered insides as to be able to advocate for ourselves need be. So glad you are okay Melissa!  Also....nice to check in over here on OH today too!
Melissa Mermaid
on 4/22/12 5:26 am - Westbury, NY
 TYVM

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

PlumFaerie
on 4/20/12 12:53 pm
i'm from ny too (born in queens, lived in franklin square my whole life) i worked in westbury too it IS hard to believe that ny doesn't have too well informed about the ds centers, ffs we lij and winthrop and all these other ahead of the game places. i am very grateful to be a five minute drive from abington in the suburbs of pa. i find that pa has fantastic medical centers and knowledge, possibly even more so than ny. one of my daughters is ASD and i'm not sure i would get as wonderful as services as i do for her here than in ny
Melissa Mermaid
on 4/22/12 5:29 am - Westbury, NY
I was at Winthrop which is incredibly staffed still woefully abounds with inadequate communication, between staff and patient and amongst staff themselves. Progressive in some ways and not in others. In my evaluation, it's a two steps forward, one step back situation there (at least in my experience). But I'm alive to talk about it. Can't lose my mind over the downside, all things considered.

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

Sunshine16
on 4/22/12 5:16 am
Poor baby, and those freaking gas pains are a killer.  Thanks for sharing.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Melissa Mermaid
on 4/22/12 5:24 am - Westbury, NY
 You got that right! Thx for "dropping by!"

WeightNoMoreSherri
on 4/29/12 2:42 pm - St George, UT
 Melissa,

I had to take the time to post to you because reading your post was as if I was typing it, all the way back to the surgeries; appendectomy and Ovarian cysts when I was 6 years old.

They also found more when they did my DS and removed them. It has been 13 years since my surgery and last year I started having symptoms as you had with the pain, vomiting up everything and diarrhea. It got so painful I went to the er and they took MRI and found nothing. Diagnosed me with intestinal virus and sent me home with meds. It went away after a few days. Yet, I started remembering after reading your post, I had another MRI early last year for the same problem and they said my intestines were backed up and to take laxatives. I am always bloated, always feel I cannot eat, always feel like something is wrong with my intestines.

I also carry the "card" and know my surgery well but have not thought there was a problem until I read your post.

I am going to make an appointment with a DS surgeon and not my Internal Med doctor to see if I have adhesion's that could be causing these issues.

I have to say, it was a trip reading your post, it was me within you!

~Peace, Sherri   

Sherri ~ BPD/DS ~ Dr. Robert Rabkin ~ San Francisco ~
                 March 15th, 1999 SW 332 CW 123
Melissa Mermaid
on 4/30/12 12:06 am - Westbury, NY
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted. As I recover, I'm even discovering that a persistent lower back pain I've been experiencing for at least a year has diminished considerably. How things connect in the long-term can be mind-boggling. Blessings always.

WeightNoMoreSherri
on 4/30/12 1:11 am - St George, UT
 Now I know I am going to see the Doc, should I request any special tests? My lower back has been in pain for 7 years, might not be related because I have a few bad disks but it does scare me enough to get the full set of tests and to post all this information on my website for others in case they are having these issues.

~Peace,  Sherri    

Sherri ~ BPD/DS ~ Dr. Robert Rabkin ~ San Francisco ~
                 March 15th, 1999 SW 332 CW 123
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 497 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 914 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 305 views