Milkshakes

SweetAsHoney25
on 7/31/12 7:22 am

Does anyone have any recipes or ingredient substitutions for milkshakes. I have been craving one for so long, but I know that I would pay dearly for it.

Any suggestions? Are we to never have them again? Thanks.

mylittleblackdress
on 7/31/12 2:50 pm - FL
Make yourself a thick protein shake using some heavy cream (I use about 1/4 cup with 6-8 oz cold water and a little fruit and 2 scoops of Syntrax Nectar Sweets Choco Truffle but any will do)  Blend with ice to your desired thickness.
J G.
on 7/31/12 2:57 pm
Not sure what you mean by "pay dearly for it."  If you are lactose intolerant you might try frozen yogurt with lactaid milk.  I know there are sugar-free frozen yogurts brands....I'm currently looking around my near-by grocery stores to find one....some specialty shops have it....
SweetAsHoney25
on 8/5/12 6:13 am
Hello! I am lactose inolerant. My stomach and bowels will be a mess the next day, and will result in bleeding hemorroids. I have been there too many times with certain foods and milk products, until I realized what it was.

What brand carries frozen yogurt with lactaid milk? Even sugar-free ice cream seems to bother me as well. Maybe because it is not made with lactaid milk as well, or maybe the sugar alcohols. I don't know. I will check again at my local supermarkets. It just doesn't seem as though there are any ice cream products out there that cater to those of us that have had the DS.

It is things like this, that make me question getting the DS, as I thought that I would be able to eat what I wanted, but in moderation for some things. I don't know.

Thank you for your response.
Valerie G.
on 7/31/12 9:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 With some almond mil**** cubes and fruit together and you'll be shocked.   Add protein powder if you have some that doesn't taste like ass.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

SweetAsHoney25
on 8/5/12 6:18 am
Hello Valerie!

Do they make lactaid almond milk? I surely hope so, because that sounds like it might work for me and my craving.

I agree with you on the protein powder. They all seem to taste like ass to me (too funny), and I had stopped drinking them years ago. However, I will say that I took a liking to Atkins ready-made shakes, but  I just haven't gone out of my way to purchase any for a while now.

Thanks for the response.
Valerie G.
on 8/5/12 8:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
I don't think lactaid makes almond milk, but since it's not dairy, you can probably tolerate it just fine.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

merrymorris
on 8/1/12 1:44 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I make milkshakes out of cream and carb smart ice cream. the chocolate is tasty.
SweetAsHoney25
on 8/5/12 6:26 am
Hello!

My daughter had her surgery by Dr. G as well. We like him a lot. I had Dr. B., and went through months of hell. When I look back on it, I can only smile and thank God I am alive and lived through it. I almost didn't. Just wasn't my time.

Carb Smart is Breyers, right? Do they make it with lactaid milk, or make a flavor for those that have digestive problems with milk? Sugar alchohols?

How do you make it? Mix the ice cream with milk and ice?

Thanks for the response.
merrymorris
on 8/5/12 7:26 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Oh, I am so sorry you had so much trouble. Do you feel like it was something Bonanni did wrong or just how you reacted to the surgery? I really liked Dr. G. In fact,  I had to get my gallbladder out a few weeks ago and he did the surgery.

As far as the carbsmart goes, it is Breyers, not too sure about the lactaid part or sugar alcohols. Sorry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 4 replies · 405 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1315 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1450 views