Kind of Devastated - Denied DS Surgery

beemerbeeper
on 2/6/13 3:43 am - AL

FIGHT it.  Get all your docs to write them.  You write them and give them all the research and where it comes from about why the DS IS right for someone with a BMI of 43.  You can also tell them that the GOVERNMENT pays for a BMI of 43 (Medicare).  Don't give up.  Show them the research. Appeal.  Find out the appeal process and do it exactly like it says.

Good luck.  I think you can beat this.

~Becky

Married2005
on 2/6/13 10:11 pm - NJ

I want to thank EVERYONE for their feedback.  It has helped me tremendously.  I have decided to go ahead with the sleeve.  I cannot afford to fight for this another 6 months.  I need a change now.  I was told that after two years if I have not achieved my weight loss then they would do the 2nd part of the DS.  As I would prefer to only get cut once I'm thinking maybe this is what I'm suppose to do.  I prayed for God's will to be done about me having weight loss surgery and this is what has come back from my insurer.  I'm really ok with this now.  Yesterday I was a basket case.  I had to go to physical therapy for my knee last nite and was encouraged that I will be able to do some exercising.  Thanks to all the folks that have helped me but I will be switching to the sleeve forum for now.

Thanks again EVERYBODY!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 314 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 778 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views