Fistula?

Laurie D.
on 4/2/13 10:41 am - minden, NE

I know I haven't been around much lately, getting ready to graduate from college in May, have a new wonderful job and things have been going really well....until...

About 4-5 months ago I started getting a strange pain on the right side of my stomach.  It doesn't hurt ALL of the time, just after I have eaten lunch (doesn't matter what!) and throughout the afternoon.  By about 3-4 p.m. I start having horrid gas pains.  Now I have removed gluten from my diet about 2-3 years ago discovering that I couldn't handle it after I had added carbs back somewhat.  My house is totally gluten free at this point.  Then I thought maybe sugar was causing problems.  Cut that out. I had my DS about 5 years ago, had hernia repair and pani done about 3 years ago and then a repair 2 1/2 years ago due to the pani not adhering correctly to heal after surgery.  I have gas from whatever I eat, I use probiotics 2 x's daily and still have this pain. I thought maybe the feeling in my skin was coming back and that was it.  But I don' t think so now.  I am also having some acid reflux return, and from stupid foods like bananas at night. As the day goes on I feel bloated no matter what I eat and by bedtime have horrid gas all night. :(  I have also gained about 50 pounds back and have tried really hard going back to standard post-surgery diet and have lost only about 6 pounds.

Soooo my question is if anyone who has had the DS  has had to deal with a fistula and if this in any way sounds like familiar pain.  Would really appreciate any info you may have on fistulas, will be contacting my doc in the next couple of weeks, to see him as well.  Thanks!

SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

J G.
on 4/2/13 4:05 pm

Laurie, your description of your bloating sounded familar to me.  I used to have increasing bloat and pain until by bedtime it was really bad.  Then one day I heard Suzzanne Summers mention that eggs made her bloat.  I gave it a try.  After eliminating them for several days I noticed a huge difference!

Just a thought.

Also what brand of probiotics are you taking and how many units per dose?

Laurie D.
on 4/2/13 10:20 pm - minden, NE

HI!  Thanks for the idea, I'm also wondering if I'm not getting enough fats in...I know sounds funky that I don't get that in but I cook for hubby and me....don't want to make 2 meals and don't want to kill him...will move more fat into my system to see as well.  Eggs, hum....just out of the blue?  That would be weird but well worth the try! 

I am using NOW 8 billion Acidophilus & Bifidus probiotics, I take it twice a day, in the morning at breakfast and in the evening before bed.  I was taking it only once but gas was REALLY bad then, now it is bad, but at least I feel better somewhat.  ;)

Thanks for your reply and I will definitely try the egg thing! 

SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1081 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1251 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 511 views