Fiber?

~~Sami~~ *.
on 6/2/13 12:25 am - Jacksonville, FL

In my years off and on this board, I've heard lots of people talk about counting their protein intake or carbs intake.  I've rarely

heard fiber mentioned. (I think I can remember Dina saying something about it years ago, but it's definitely not a common topic.)

Do you track your fiber?  Do you try and get in a certain number of grams per day?

Does eating high fiber foods affect you positively or negatively?

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

jashley
on 6/2/13 2:25 am
DS on 12/19/12

I don't count fiber unless it's to subtract it from total carbs to get net carbs.

I do keep track of how much fiber I am consuming.  My system is sensitive to fiber and I will be spending the day in the bathroom instead of living a rich and fulfilling life - so I am careful not to overload with fiber. 

PattyL
on 6/2/13 2:38 am

No.  I don't want or need to poop more.  I get cleaned out every day so I never felt it necessary to worry about fiber.

meq815
on 6/2/13 3:02 am - PA

I just wanted to say that I am so thankful I found this forum for so many reasons, but one of my favorite reasons is that I love how freely everyone talks about pooping!  I'm not kidding- it's very refreshing to me!  We don't talk much about it here at home.

Jcohen66
on 6/2/13 6:40 am - Katonah, NY

I have been told by my NUT that fiber supplements can be detrimental to us because it further blocks our ability to absorb so i stopped.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 265 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 249 views