average weight loss

starlightlu
on 7/2/13 8:54 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm 8 wks post op and I have lost 40 lbs. HW 260 currently 220   which translates to roughly 5 lbs a week.   It seems others are losing more. Am I doing something wrong or do I have too high expectations?   Can those of you's with similar start weights share their weight loss progression?   thx
2renee
on 7/2/13 9:35 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

You are doing really well and cannot compare your weightloss with others it will drive you nuts.  We all start at different places and lose on our own body's schedule.  All you can do is drink your water, eat what you are supposed to and move.  I know it seems slow but OMG you have lost 40 pounds in 8 weeks.  Its a reason to celebrate.

Lyss Remaly
on 7/2/13 10:21 pm - Wheeling, IL

You are doing GREAT!!!!  5 lbs a week is amazing!  When I first had my surgery I thought I was losing slowly too.  As I read through the forums it seemed like everyone was losing SO much quicker than me!!!  The good news... YOU ARE LOSING!!!!!  Don't minimize what you ARE doing compared to others.  You are only 8 weeks out.  It will take a LONG time to get to your goal. 

This is a marathon... not a sprint.  Keep your body healthy, keep doing what you know you need to be doing and give your body time to do what it will do.

YOU WILL DO IT!!!!

Valerie G.
on 7/2/13 10:23 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I wasn't too far off from you and so disappointed to go back to work 8 weeks later having lost 46 lbs (I wanted to say I'd lost 50 lbs).  Don't worry, it continues to melt right off.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ladybug513
on 7/2/13 10:25 pm - NY

Congratulations!!!  You're doing great!

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

Irishnurse
on 7/3/13 5:32 am
DS on 04/17/13

You are doing normal. You are a light weight compared to me and I have only lost 47 pounds in 10 weeks. I usually stall for a week or so until I either exercise or eat something that cleans me out good. LOL

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

ajrober2
on 7/3/13 5:44 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

Pls DO NOT compare your weight loss to others.  It'll frustrate you so much! (trust me on this. LOL!)  40 pounds in 8 weeks is great!!!  Especially with you being considered a light weight.  I only lost fast during my first few months because I started at 430 lbs!  I'm 265 now and I wish I could lose 5 lbs a week.  I'm stalling and losing very slowly at this point, but I won't complain. 

Stay the course, it'll come off!

Congrats on your progress so far!

dangjena
on 7/3/13 7:07 am

Hey, don't lose hope. My husband and I did this at the same time and it seemed that he lost weight twice as fast as I did. I lost nearly 50% of my body weight in the end (at the end of 18 months) and was too skinny, actually. I'm up a few more pounds but I'm able to be active and I feel great.

So, be patient with your body. I totally wasn't and it caused depression and other unnecessary stress, which makes it more difficult for your body to "do it's thing". 

PS 5 lbs a week is nothing to sneeze at my friend. That's really great! We were the same weight at our HW, and I got down to 120.  I looked like a bag of skin and bones, and I was super tired. I'm most comfortable at 150 lbs, I'm 5'5". So I'm not model thin, but it's great.  

So do what's best for you. I gave up white sugar and white flour for a year and that seemed to help.

I hope you continue to enjoy your body -- in all of it's stages :) It's the best gift we have in this life! Hugs!

starlightlu
on 7/3/13 9:35 am - Canada

I truly appreciate all your replies. it reminds me that I'm not alone and yessss we all run this course differently but arrive at very similar destinations!

Thank-you!

orchidsrus
on 7/4/13 5:12 am

You are right on track.. don't compare. It all comes off eventually. Everyone looses at a different rate but you will get to goal probably within 1 year of surgery. Don't worry at all. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 282 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 755 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views