Frustrated

ashleynicole86
on 2/3/14 5:30 am - SC

I guess I'm going to look into a different PCP or either just start doing phone follow-ups with my surgeon in order to get my lab orders. The past 2 times I've gotten my PCP to do my labs, they've either had to redraw or they forgot some tests! The problem with my surgeon is on past lab orders though, he didn't have me tested for Vit K or Osteocalcin. I don't know if I'd be able to get him to include this on any future orders. The doctors think they know best. I haven't even gotten to the point of a DEXA scan yet so I'm not sure what type of hassle I would get for that. I just feel so frustrated. I don't know how to get what I need from these people! 

I've also been dinged with my osteocalcin test being marked as investigational and my insurance won't cover it. I have a new insurance this year. It's never been a problem in the past. My PCP won't write me a letter of medical necessity for it either because she said she doesn't see a reason to qualify it as medically necessary.

Why does it have to be so complicated? 

MajorMom
on 2/3/14 6:33 am - VA

I think the docs' egos are tied up in it to some extent.  Is there a way you can add to the bottom of the lab perscription? The form my surgeon's office uses is a check list and I was able to hand write a couple of things on the bottom or check a few more items than they initally checked. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ashleynicole86
on 2/3/14 7:36 am, edited 2/3/14 7:42 am - SC

I completely agree about the docs' egos! I think Dr. Smith uses a lab that's typed and printed with a barcode on it for the lab so I don't know if I'd be able to write them on there. I guess it's possible I can ask him to add those on there. My concern is that he will think the Vitamin K or Osteocalin are unnecessary.

What all do you typically have tested and what do you have to add?

fullhousemom
on 2/3/14 7:49 am
I just got my labs drawn and of course the lab was not familiar with the form my dr uses. It took a long time and who knows what I will get. The tech did tell me to bring the results of my last lab (with all the correct tests) and they would be able to figure out which tests I needed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views