Getting in your own way..

Alwayzbsingin04
on 8/17/15 1:13 pm - Westland, MI
DS on 01/28/15

Does anyone else share the struggle of your own mind and fears getting in your way of accomplishing things? For example, going to the gym; especially alone? Or anything else social or not social, you seem to find yourself pushing the brakes and not doing it out of fear? This has been a lifelong struggle for me, and I'm reaching out to you guys to see if anyone can relate and what they did to resolve or are currently doing to help their situation? 

PattyL
on 8/17/15 1:20 pm

Took me a long time to learn the first step out the door is the hardest!

Alwayzbsingin04
on 8/17/15 5:32 pm - Westland, MI
DS on 01/28/15

It sure is the hardest things to do!

MajorMom
on 8/18/15 3:05 am - VA

I'm an introvert and the exercise I enjoy is walking...alone.  I do best if I can walk multiple times a day for a short duration. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 8/18/15 4:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was like that until it was part of my job.  I often have to travel alone for work, so if I wanted to see anything besides the walls of a hotel room, I had to get myself out there.  I started at the hotel dining rooms and eventually found myself wandering around town.  It helps to find another lonely traveler and strike up a conversation with them, for they may be feeling the same anxiety and are thankful for a friendly conversation.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Alwayzbsingin04
on 8/18/15 12:26 pm - Westland, MI
DS on 01/28/15

Valerie, you sort of have it ideal! Lol I'd love to be forced to get myself out there and be more social, it's absolutely my biggest struggle! 

Sunshine16
on 8/19/15 3:34 am

Yes, do I!   I lack motivation even when its going to do me some good.  Fear of success its crazy or need something to going to motivate me.  I'm think and talk about that ALL the time.  I just do not like the gym, I just do not like exercise classes.  The best work out for me is walking in my neighborhood park, and I get the best results.  What I'm doing is finding out what really makes me happy.  I have two goals, is to relocate, and to build my own family.  I want kids, however I am open to adopting because cannot do the babies. Just finding out what will make me feel whole and accomplished. 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 259 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views