Help??

michele035
on 9/20/19 12:46 pm - PA

Hi everyone

I am an RNY to DS. I was self financed. I have only lost 36 lbs total. And 30 of it was in the first 5 weeks. I haven't lost a single solitary pound since then. Nothing. Yes, lost some inches. But nothing else. I have uppped my protein, downed my protein, upped my carbs, downed my carbs. Upped my exercise, downed my exercise. Nothing. Today Doc pretty much is confounded as to why I haven't lost. Said maybe eat less. OK I am under 1000 calories and see the nutritionist. They may help. I asked about my loss expectation and he said maybe high 100's low 200's. Huh? I started at 269. That is it? Yeah, probably that is all you can expect at this point. Oh btw, my common channel (I can't remember the length he said, maybe 100?) which I did ask about. He said he made it "very aggressive" so he doesn't understand the lack of malabsorption. One bowel movement a day is a puzzle to him but no advice on how to change it? More fat, less fat? good fat? Nada. He is a very good surgeon and very reputable but I think he has never seen something like this. I am very upset and feel like I spent over 20k to lose about 70 lbs. I guess maybe I went into this with the wrong expecations. Maybe that is all I can hope for.

sorry for the long post. Just trying to see if there are any other revision folks out there with any similar stories. Thank GOODNESS for this site. I swear the folks here are more helpful than my NUT and doc at this point!

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/19 12:59 pm

How long ago did you have the surgery?

hollykim
on 9/20/19 4:44 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 20, 2019 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, michele035 wrote:

Hi everyone

I am an RNY to DS. I was self financed. I have only lost 36 lbs total. And 30 of it was in the first 5 weeks. I haven't lost a single solitary pound since then. Nothing. Yes, lost some inches. But nothing else. I have uppped my protein, downed my protein, upped my carbs, downed my carbs. Upped my exercise, downed my exercise. Nothing. Today Doc pretty much is confounded as to why I haven't lost. Said maybe eat less. OK I am under 1000 calories and see the nutritionist. They may help. I asked about my loss expectation and he said maybe high 100's low 200's. Huh? I started at 269. That is it? Yeah, probably that is all you can expect at this point. Oh btw, my common channel (I can't remember the length he said, maybe 100?) which I did ask about. He said he made it "very aggressive" so he doesn't understand the lack of malabsorption. One bowel movement a day is a puzzle to him but no advice on how to change it? More fat, less fat? good fat? Nada. He is a very good surgeon and very reputable but I think he has never seen something like this. I am very upset and feel like I spent over 20k to lose about 70 lbs. I guess maybe I went into this with the wrong expecations. Maybe that is all I can hope for.

sorry for the long post. Just trying to see if there are any other revision folks out there with any similar stories. Thank GOODNESS for this site. I swear the folks here are more helpful than my NUT and doc at this point!

What does a days menu look like for you?

Valerie G.
on 9/29/19 10:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You gotta help us out here if you want our help:

1. Do you have traditional DS or new hybrid (SIPS, SADI, LoopDS)?
  2. When did you get your DS?
  3. What is a typical day of eating look like?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 123 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 664 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views