Need serious help getting insurance approval.

rittlette
on 4/3/21 10:24 am
DS on 12/23/18

Im afraid I can't help with insurance information but Dr. Keshishian (Dr. K) is/was my surgeon and he is brilliant. If you can get to California, I would 100% recommend him and the hospital (Huntington Hospital) completely!

gcastro1
on 4/22/21 2:42 pm

Hello! My name is Genesis and I am representing Dr. Roslin's office. We would like to share our thoughts on the topic and make some clarifications:

Dr. Roslin was one of the many surgeons who started off performing the traditional duodenal switch, but after seeing the long term effects, he has since modified the operation. The purpose of these modifications is to provide the best balance between weight loss and significant micronutrient deficiencies. Dr. Roslin states that even surgeons who continue to perform the tradition duodenal switch have since begun to increase the length of the common channel. We have long believed that obesity is caused by an increase in fat, but we now understand that obesity is a hormonal disease and fat is not the culprit. Having a short common channel is likely to cause poor body composition and increase the likelihood of losing lean muscle and fat.

Dr. Roslin explains that, while people speak about weight loss as the metric of success, this is flawed. The goal is loss of adipose tissue without loss of muscle mass. When looking into these metrics, he has concerns for loss of muscle mass and micronutrient deficiencies with short common channels. Despite common belief, "thin" does not equate to being healthy. To reach your health goals, cardiovascular and respiratory fitness require adequate muscle mass to reach the desired metrics. The traditional duodenal switch with a short common channel can affect your body composition and this should be adequately monitored. Many patients will lose a disproportionate amount of muscle mass and this is what the modified version aims to prevent.

ChadianGoddess
on 10/4/21 2:37 pm
DS on 12/31/21

Any luck?

Dr. Kini Subhash here in NYC still does the traditional DS at Mount Sinai on 114th street in Manhattan, he is going to do my surgery soon. Him and Dr. Gandhi seems to be the only ones left in NYS that perform the TDS. Dr. Ayoola is great out of State.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views