unsupportive boyfriend

drmom
on 11/13/06 3:24 pm - tacoma, WA
This is the first problem I have had since I was banded 10/17/06-- suddenly my supportive boyfriend is angry at me for having a fill instead of staying on a liquid diet -- he thinks I should stay on liquids .. He is angry I didn't listen to him He told me for the first time that I will fail at this like I failed at other weight loss programs He escalated to statement that "If I cant state these things then we dont have any relationship to share" He is basically a good guy - and the past almost three years have been a joy - he has seen me fail at other programs - I feel I need to deal with this sensiitively to his feelings - but I must stop it in the bud Help please
chezeburger
on 12/13/06 9:55 am - Hopewell Jct, NY
Jill, I would have to say that you need to sit him down and tell him that you are doing what you doctor is telling you to and that while liquid diet is good you can not stay on that the rest of your life. If he is being an A$$ after that then I would have to say that he may be fearful of the changes you are going thru. Bob
Ready4 AChange
on 2/1/07 8:35 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi Jill, He may be worried for you. But an all liquid diet is not the way to go. I had RNY and before that with many of my "diets" every time hubby would say " I don't know why you are trying another diet, it doesn't work anyway" That would really me off ! Then I would give up . Doing me harm and proving to him that he was right. Since surgery he has been very supportive. He knows I am doing this for myself, not him !Let your bf know that you are following the doctors directions because he has gone thru all these years of schooling and you figure HE knows what he is doing. You don't plan on failing at this and his support would be appreciated ! Like my mom always said " If you don't have anything nice to say..... Keep it to yourself ! " Good Luck, Sandy
Most Active