~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/13/09 11:20 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
TWO FOR ONE TODAY...   Yesterdays and todays..

03-13 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
All my life, I looked to others for comfort, security and all the other things that add up to what I now call serenity.  But I've come to realize that I was always looking in the wrong place.  The source of serenity is not outside, but within myself, The Kingdom is within me, and I already have the key.  All I have to do is to be willing to use it.  AM I USING THE TOOLS OF THE PROGRAM ON A DAILY BASIS?  AM I WILLING?

TODAY I PRAY
God gave me the courage to seek out the kingdom inside myself, to find that well-spring within me which has its source in the never-ending, life-giving river of God.  May my soul be restored there.  May I find the serenity I seek.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
To see the inner kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

03-14 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
One thing that keeps me on the right track today is a feeling of loyalty to other members of The Program, no matter where they may be.  We depend on each other.  I know, for example, that I'd be letting them down if I ever took a drink.  When I came into The Program, I found a group of people who were not only helping each other to stay sober, but who were loyal to each other by staying sober themselves.  AM I LOYAL TO MY GROUP AND TO MY FRIENDS IN THE PROGRAM?

TODAY I PRAY
I thank God for the loyalty and fellowship of the group and for the mutuality of commitment that binds us together.  May I give to the group in the same proportion that I take from it.  Having been a taker during so many of my years, my giving used to be no more than a commodity, for which I expected to be paid in approval or love or favors.  May I learn the joy of pure giving, with no strings attached, no expectation of reward.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
A perfect gift asks nothing in return.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active