~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/13/09 11:45 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

04/13 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Any number of addicted people are bedeviled by the dire conviction that if they ever go near The Program -- whether by attending meetings or talking one-to-one with a member -- they'll be pressured to conform to some particular brand of faith or religion.  They don't realize that faith is never an imperative for membership in The Program; that freedom from addiction can be achieved with an easily acceptable minimum of it; and that our concepts of a Higher Power and God -- as we understand Him -- afford everyone a nearly unlimited choice of spiritual belief and action.  AM I RECEIVING STRENGTH BY SHARING WITH NEWCOMERS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I never frighten newcomers or keep away those who are considering coming to  The Program by "laying on them"  my particular, personal ideas about a Higher Power.  May each discover his or her own spiritual identity.  May all find within themselves a link with some great universal Being or Spirit whose power is greater than theirs individually.  May I grow, both in tolerance and in spirituality, every day.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will reach, not preach.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active