Anyone LESS attracted to their spouse AFTER WLS?

TammaiTX
on 8/15/10 2:18 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 07/15/10 with
 Hi, I just had surgery a little over a month ago...I am a very curvy woman and my spouse really likes my curves. Although he has been very supportive of my surgery, we are both a little concerned about how my body changes may impact his attraction to me...would love some thoughts from people who have gone through this...particularly guys who like girls with curves so I can try to understand how this might be for him?

Follow my journey...   
http://tammyswellnessjourney.wordpress.com             
Trisha02148
on 8/16/10 9:25 pm - Malden, MA
Its really nice to see someone questions this side of it, I have often wondered the same thing.  I have a friend that has the opposite happen that when they lost the weight they have changed and left the person they were with and that scares me a bit as well. 

I think if you two love and care for each other they will adjust to the different body style that you have.

syrboobaby
on 10/5/10 4:58 am - Syracuse, NY
Hi,

I am worried about the same thing.  My husband supports my decision to have the surgery (scheduled for 12/13/10) but he also says he has no problem with me how I am now.  He prefers the "chubby chick".    Other than when I'm with him, though, I'm unhappy, self-conscious and sick of being fat.

I'm just curious as to how things are going and what you two have done to work with the new you.

Thanks.
Most Active