Dr. Jossart - bariatric surgery program

Band2RNY
on 11/11/11 1:10 am
I will be having surgery w/ Dr. Jossart in San Francisco so on.  My insurance is covering most of my costs.  I was happy to pay whatever extra there was....but I found out he charges $7750 for non-covered fees for insurance patiens.  (self-pays don't have this fee)  I was told this is for follow-up appointments and group support etc.  I explained that I have a bariatric surgeon in my area and will follow up w/ him.  I offered to pay for any extra services as they occured....but no dice.  I do want  to go w/ Dr. Jossart as I believe that costs aside, he is one of, if not the best.  However, 7K is a little steep to pay all at one time for me.

I was wondering if anyone was allowed to make payments on this fee ....or have it reduced or waived.

Thanks

(Note: post title was edited by ObesityHelp)

Preop 267/Post Band 167/ Now 245 Awaiting Approval for Revision 2 RNY

Member Services
on 11/13/11 3:42 am, edited 11/11/11 12:36 am - Irvine, CA
{{Updated 11/13/2011}} 

Good news.... After researching this, it was confirmed that the above is a misunderstanding. 

That's a self pay rate for patients who do not have insurance or who have an insurance exclusion.  The total self pay rate is approximately $17,500.  

Dr. Jossart is a Center of Excellence surgeon and is contracted with most insurance companies including Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, United, Sutter Select and others. Depending on the patient's insurance policy, the usual co-pays and deductibles would be paid. 

Insured patients with Dr. Jossart as their surgeon have had co-payments as low as a few hundred dollars, depending on the health plan. More information can be found on his profile here: www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gregg-joss art-coe/

Patient Reviews of Dr. Jossart:
www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gregg-joss art-coe/reviews

Patient weight loss success:

www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gregg-joss art-coe/reviews#profile_patient_progress

Upcoming Seminars
www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gregg-joss art-coe/reviews#profile_seminars

Amanda S.
on 7/15/09 2:09 pm - New York, NY
 I hate to be a naysayer but get another surgeon.  You need your 7k for shopping or Plastics!!!  Come on!! Be serious!!
ladyluck13
on 7/24/09 10:45 am - las vegas, NV
I would change surgeons too. I am a cash patient and I paid 7,500 total dues for my surgeon and his staff whi*****luded anesthesiologist, assistant during surgery and a year of consults. I would just look around because if you are getting approved through your insurance you should be covered completely and only have you co-payments for future visits.
J.e.t.
on 7/29/11 5:34 am
 I just wanted to post in case others do what I did and search for Dr. Jossart.  Dr. Jossart has gone into practice on his own and there is NO additional program fee.  Just want to set the record straight.  I've had nothing but positive experiences with him and his lovely staff.
hpy2bhere
on 11/10/11 6:38 am
All I can say is Dr. Jossart is THE BEST!  I had SEVERE complications and am so grateful that I had Dr. Jossart as my surgeon.  I truly bevlieve that he saved my life.  He also assisted in a surgery a year later to remove a kidney /cancer that saved my husbands life.  I am forever grateful that I / we had a doctor with so much knowledge and the experience that he has.     
leslietx
on 8/17/09 4:36 pm - nonya, AL
This is not very personal service. I would probably look around for another Doctor as well. It sounds like an assembly line where the patient means very little, just show me the money! You are getting some insight to how you will probably be treated regarding any other special needs you may have from this Doctor and staff. Be warned.....
Most Active