Tell me some things you LIKE about your body now

Barbara C.
on 8/23/10 12:37 am - Raleigh, NC

Believe it or not, it doesn't seem to matter where you are in this journey, we seem struggle with developing a positive self image. I knew that I could be harsh with myself when I was large, but I was surprised that I seem to be harder on myself the smaller I got. I was more focused on the imperfections. As a matter of a fact, as we get smaller, it's not unusual for us to be MORE critical of our bodies, rather than more accepting. I think that for me, this is in part because I realize that I have 'done it to myself' when I see the extra skin. That said, I think it's important to not only appreciate the health aspects of our metamorphosis, but to also appreciate the positive changes in our physiques. So I'd like you to tell me at least one thing, and hopefully more, that you LIKE about your body now, no matter where you are in your journey. This is not about bragging. This is about really trying to see the positive in where you are. To be honest, it was harder for me than I thought it would be, but it's something I'm going to try to practice to see if it will help me become more comfortable with who I am now and what I look like. 

There are plenty of things that I like about how my body works, but these are the things about how my body looks. I like my

- slender frame

- the shape of my face... It's oval and I always thought is was round

- my feminine shape

- the length of my neck... I never realized I had a neck before!

- collar bones

- waist

Please tell me some things you like about your body now... 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/10 1:55 pm
Pollyann F.
on 9/4/10 7:50 am - china grove, NC
well...my hands 
          my neck and shoulders
          my ankles
          my hour glass shape
          shoulder blades( I thought i didn't have any!)
I probably wont have plastic surgery honestly I lost as much weight as I weigh now and am just trying to love me for who I am.
Polly in NC  "People will for get what you say, they will forget what you do, but they will never forget how you make them feel" Maya Angelou

8 pounds lost pre-op
             Publication1           
Most Active