my brain is spining, need help please

String B.
on 10/29/04 11:12 am - Ventura, CA
Hi all, Helen called yesterday with a cancelation, so did my last visit today before surgery on Monday!!!! OMG!!!! only 2 days away!!!! HELP!!! Do I need to get my vitamins?? What kind? The girl I saw today said just flinstone chewables, I thought I had to take more? What about protein drinks? I am so happy, and excited to start my new life, but want to have everything in place by Monday,,,Oh get this, I have to have open instead of lap. because Dr. Felany said lap was more expensive and my insurance (medi medi) wouldn't cover it,,,I admit I am REALLY bummed about open, I don't want to complain because I am greatful for surgery, but I live alone and have NO one to care for me, and with lap I was going to be fine alone. Will I be ok by myself with the open surgery? How long will it take to heal? Do I sleep laying down or sitting up? I hope some of this makes sense. Any thoughts, comments or sugestions would be GREATLY appreciated. OMG< OMG yuk this is how crazy I used to be on diet pills. I am just over excited. Thanks for your patience. String
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/04 1:05 am - Yucaipa, CA
Whoa looks like your on your way!! Yes Flintstones vitamins. The drs tell you what to do, I'm not sure if they want you doing anything like protein drinks at first, just plain clear liquids, GO SLOW!!! Everyone is different!!! I HAD to sleep in a recliner at first but I was 440 pounds and felt like my guts would fall out!! Depends on how you feel and I think how big you are to begin with. All the excitement is normal, too bad we can't make a pill out of it cause we could make a fortune!! LOL Would you like me to call you on Tuesday or wednesday at the hospital?? If yes you need to write me privately with your REAL name!! I love dr Felahy he was my surgeon too!! Tell him Bonnie Young said hello!! Walk after surgery, walk, walk, walk!! And walk some more!! Helps keep those blood clots from forming, also when your not walking wiggle those toes!! Good luck to you sweet heart be safe!!
mdragynfly
on 11/5/04 8:24 am - Piedmont, AL
I use Centrum chewables... you get a lot more out of them than the kid vitamins. I'd say just get some chicken and beef boullion so you can have broth and then order some protein drink samples from vitalady.com and see what you like after surgery (your tastes will change). Sugar free jello cups were my friend post op too but you can't even eat a whole one at a time. Remember to drink slowly. I had my surgery open but my doctor uses a method that leaves only about a 3 inch scar. Take care and good luck... you're about to undergo a big change but you'll feel great really soon!
Most Active