Getting Very Nervous

llbean
on 1/29/05 11:02 am - GA
Hi I have a surgery date for 2/7/05. My Pre-op is 2/2/05. I am starting to really get nervous. I have researched this surgery for about two years, but now that I am down to the wire I am starting to become nervous and a little scared. My biggest concern is what I am going to be able to eat following the surgery and a few months after. I have become obsessed with this website, and that can be good and bad. I am reading about some of the issues other people have had and now I am fearing that some of those things may happen with me. I am having the fobi pouch and I don't see alot of support on this page for this procedure. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Red H.
on 1/29/05 2:48 pm - Lebanon, OR
Lynn, I had my surgery (Fobi Pouch) March 8, 2004. I was really careful to do exactly what I was told by the Dr. don't worry about eating. In no time at all you can eat. You start with liquids, than pureed foods, then anything you want as long as you chew really well. I am 10 1/2 months post op and can basically eat anything as long as I am careful. I found that I could drink the liquid protein drinks, like slim fast in the mornings to get me started. I don't dwell on the things that have happened to others. I just try to think positive. I wish you well . Keep us posted. Kay
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/05 4:23 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Lynn you might get more answers from the Yahoo Fobi support group. [email protected] This Message board is a new group so we are not very active here. The yahoo group is WAY more active and you will get far more responses. They have a page created just for newbies and what they should eat. Just keep getting educated that's the best thing you can do for yourself!!
Most Active