what about the tube or marker?

Thelma
on 3/30/05 6:15 am - Westlake, LA
I have been reading about the Fobi Pouch. I get that it is rny with a silatic ring added. What is the deal with the tube that leads to the old portion of the stomach. They say it is for access for radiologists or for feeding if too much weight is lost. Does this mean there is tube permanently hanging out of your abdomen??? Thelma
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/05 11:01 pm - Yucaipa, CA
Thelma
on 3/31/05 1:37 am - Westlake, LA
Thelma
on 3/31/05 1:38 am - Westlake, LA
Thank you! I am relieved to hear that. I am going to a seminar tomorrow night. I want the surgery very much. The problem that i am going to have to battle is my age. I will be 72 in April. Many surgeon's have cut off age 60 to 65. I am relatively healthy and a good surgical risk. I have type II diabetes, bad knees, and high blood pressure. I have been taking very good care of these things, but the weight ( 234) is getting me down. I had to give up Tennis which was my main exercise because of my knees. I had been playing at 200 lbs. No wonder my knees are bad. I have had to have both of them scoped and cleaned up. MY weight has been going up in spite of my efforts to diet. I feel like things are going to go down hill if i don't get this done. I have a lot left to enjoy if i get this help. Thanks again!! Thelma
Most Active