Near Goal?? - Itchy & Scratchy

macgeek
on 5/23/05 1:58 am - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 12/04/03 with
Well anyone who is getting near goal, Knows the pain and itch that the hanging skin is causing you (and me) I have been to Doctors, and dermotologists, trying differant creams, lotions, meds.. and nothing has worked... UNTILL My plastic surgeon suggested I try a "restricting" garment (the things worn after surgery to keep the area from being stressed) Also called a 'binder" - I did some research, and spoke with a company and told them of my 'special' needs to be able to run with it, and I needed something that would breath as well as wick sweat off my skin They suggested a Product called "Body Armor" by Nike. I bought some (It looks like a shirt a size 3 would have to snuggle into) BUT It fits REALLY well around my XL frame, and is ABSOLUTLY comfy!!! - The side effect is THE RASHES AND ITCHING HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!!!!!!! - it seems by binding the flab, it is seperating the hanging skin from the other skin, adding a air barrier, as well as wicking any moisture away. IT IS THE FIRST TIME IN 8 MONTHS I HAVE NOT ITCHED around my chest!!!!!! - Now if I can find something for my belly!!!! Jonathan itch free and alive in 2005! 425/365/219/185 ..............^......
Barbara F.
on 6/6/05 12:11 pm - Antrim, NH
If you use an antipersperant on the areas of skin that touch each other, they will not sweat and will not become red and itchy. Obviously don't cover your whole body, you do still need to be able to sweat, but it works well where needed.
Michelle K
on 7/18/05 12:46 am - Thiells, NY
Lap Band on 11/26/04 with
Jonatha - took a peek at your profile. Your pictures alone are inspirational. WOW !You look wondeful. Michelle
Most Active