Your wisdom please!

Zee Starrlite
on 8/20/05 1:01 am
I've not had RNY but had adjustable gastric banding - Lap Band. I do however admire you all. The main reason I did not choose another WLS was my fear of not being in control of the weight loss (with the band (not every Bandsters experience, but my own). I am the same post-op in terms of eating with the band when I don't have a fill/restriction as I was prior to surgery so weight loss is not a "promise" with the Band). I'm sure you all experienced in this particular surgery may feel different in terms of being in control of your weight-loss. I am the girl that has made losing weight her lifetime focus yet I have so many fears about losing the excess weight and letting go of food. Yes, I have fears of being thin although that is what I'd like to be for many reasons - health being number one. So for me having a surgery like the DS or RNY would have probably screwed me up psychologically or at the least been too intense. I guess my question is how have you dealt psychologically with the (rapid) weight-loss? For me this question comes up as after a revision of my band, it is finally working for the first time and I am finally on my way to really losing weight. I really want to lose weight - I do but there are the feelings. I can't be the only one . It means that I will have to fill my life in so many other ways - the fear of the unknown. pergatory where the fear of success and the fear of failure keeps you stagnant. Much Love, Peace, & Harmony, Leila
jgreen79
on 8/26/05 6:24 am - Nashville, TN
I had the gastric bypass on 04/05 with lots of complications. My weight loss is not as great as others, but in 2mths, I have lost 50lbs. I don't have any psych problems because of weight loss... it is just weird to lose so much weight in such a short amount of time after struggling my entire life to loose weight. Hope this helps some
Most Active