The excellent and the tragically upsetting

seanbear66rn
on 4/9/12 2:51 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 I was sleeved Friday !!! A little tough in the hospital due to an awful ra**** was not a biggy. It is exciting things are going great great feeling good.....The upsetting. I got fired on Wends from a job I loved. It was my bosses last official act. Her last day was Friday the day of my surgery. I am gutted I loved my job. The staff is shocked and very sad. 
I am going to go through more changes than expected !!!! 
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

ruggie
on 4/9/12 4:59 am - Sacramento, CA
Why would she fire someone right before leaving herself?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Leslie M.
on 4/9/12 11:43 am - AL
Well congrats on your surgery!  At this point, focus on the positives.
When one door closes, another one will open  :)
Just take care of your health for now.

Take Care.

Leslie
ohbearly
on 4/9/12 12:00 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Sean, So sorry to hear about the job. What horrible timing and a horrible thing for your boss to do. Best of luck on your new surgery journey. You have a good profession and I think you will bounce back with a better job and as a fitter person. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

MusicMaryn
on 4/10/12 9:10 am - San Jose, CA
Hey Sean,

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well.  What's a little rash... ;-)

I'm really sorry to hear about your job.  I know how rough it is to be freshly post-op and dealing with major life trauma.  My gf broke up with me 36 hours before my RNY and my work situation was absolutely horrific.  I was getting persecuted for **** I didn't do at work.  I was going through major league hell for a few months.  However, I was able to stay 1000% focused on my healthy and weight loss.  3 months after my surgery, I ended up taking a 4 month leave of absence because things had gotten so bad at work that I needed an emotional break.  During that whole time, I was really depressed and was taking 2 meds for the depression and anxiety.  But during that time, I was so focused on my health... I ate 100% according to my doctor's plan and I exercised 6-8 times a week.  And by excersize I mean taking 2 hour uphill hikes or very long bike rides.  All the exercise and focusing on my health really helped me get through it.

So... moral of the story... Yeah... this sucks!  But for now, stay focused on healing from your surgery and developing a rigorous plan to generate your health and vibrancy.  Everything else will work out.  *hugs*
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

rtptjd
on 4/12/12 1:03 am - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations on your surgery! I agree with others, stay focused on your health and realize that, as Leslie said, when one door closes inevitably another one opens. I was fired from my first attorney job at a law firm and it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened. I went on to work for our state's attorney general's office and got great experience, met lots of terrific folks, etc. My situation was a bit different in that I did NOT love my law firm job (bunch of losers, actually), but getting fired still bites. Use your recovery time to get yourself together physically and mentally; think about what you want to do, where you'd like to be career-wise in five years or so, and other personal goals. Polish up your resume. When you're at a suitable point in your recovery consider volunteer work, or other activity that could expose you to others in your career area. The possibilities are endless! You never know when you could meet someone who leads you to your next job. Best of luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery as well!
seanbear66rn
on 4/12/12 2:36 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 THANK YOU !!!!! I am doing well. I have a month to concentrate on health and next career goals. I am going to go back to school for my BSN to Masters. I am thinking on trying hospice. I ran a unit when I was just out of school. We had many hospice patients. I started getting younger and younger patients. I am proud to say we were known for our compassionate care. I LOVED IT ! I am a really upbeat guy. I look at death as a experience that can be joyful in those moments of lucidity and hospice can take the pressure off the loved ones so they can fully capture those moments. I could have left on better terms but my emotions got the best of me. That is over and time to move on.
This site has been a great help. I truly love the unbiased support. 
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 357 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 927 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1303 views