new here...

Jamison M.
on 4/18/12 2:28 pm - Gadsden, AL
RNY on 03/26/12
 Hi all, I'm fairly new here. My name is Jamison, I'm from Alabama and I'm 23. I had RNY 3/26/12; down 29lbs, feeling great, and very optimistic about my new life. I love seeing the success stories and tips from everyone on here! I'd love to make some new wls friends and become part of the lgbt forum family. :)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. ~ Albert Einstein

Krissykitty
on 4/19/12 10:36 am - Cookeville, TN
VSG on 03/15/12
Hi there! And welcome! I've not been on this forum long myself and i hope to see it more active. I had the sleeve on 3/15/12 and am down about the same amount as you.
Addie1od
on 4/20/12 4:49 am - philadlephia, PA
hey.. i'm new here too. i had rny 11/30/11. am doing well but have to remind myself its not going to fall off. took me yrs to put the weight on and will come off in time and not overnight. in the meantime, trying to deal with my head issues that revolve around eating and weight. the hardest one for me is that i have to eat to lose weight. before when "dieting" it was all about deprivation. if i would just not put it in my mouth i would not have gotten fat. so, now i have to give myself permission to eat anything but not give in to my moms mantra of you must clean your plate there are other children starving....

whats your head challenge?
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

Jamison M.
on 4/20/12 12:49 pm - Gadsden, AL
RNY on 03/26/12
 honestly I haven't ran into a "head challange" just yet but i'm sure its coming. my biggest problem has been a physical one. With just over 30lbs gone now I feel so much more energentic and I want to be much more active... I sort of feel like superman all of a sudden but my poor body just can't keep up yet. Back problems were one of my main motivations for having my guts rearranged, but so far I've seen my chiropractor more since my surgery than I did leading up to it. It's wild but she assures me as the weight comes off it will get better... I can only hope!
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. ~ Albert Einstein

MusicMaryn
on 4/20/12 5:10 am - San Jose, CA
Welcome Jamison.  this board is really a sweet place on OH.  although we don't get too many posts here compared to some of the other boards.  Anywho.... congrats on coming over to the losers bench!  Keep up the great work.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Leslie M.
on 4/21/12 12:58 am - AL
Congratulations on your surgery!
I am not as active on OH as much as I used to be.  I had RNY February 2008 so I am over 4 yrs out.   There are challenges in this journey but they are well worth it!
I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Best of luck to you!
Leslie
ruggie
on 4/21/12 10:34 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey Jamison -

Welcome!  Hope you find the support you like here.

I think we all need/want different things in order to be successful.  I wrote a way-too-long post about the mindset I adopted to help me get to my goal weight- /www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4484656/YOU-MUST-BE-MILITANT- to-be-above-average/ - your mileage may vary!

Good luck on your journey!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ohbearly
on 4/21/12 11:36 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Welcome to the forum! You are on your way and will meet many nice supportive folks here .  -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

rhearob
on 4/26/12 5:44 am - TN
 Welcome!  I'm not on this board much - I am pretty active on the VSG board.  Ever need any advice or just someone to listen, hit me up.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

jharrington8172
on 5/8/12 11:45 pm - Hermitage, TN
I am not on the boards much anymore but I decided to come back as I am getting ready to start my next journey (with plastics).   Welcome and congrats on the loss - this is a great place with lots of people who have lots of knowledge about loosing weight (and keeping it off)

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 374 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 947 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1323 views