New too!

aballett
on 8/2/12 9:52 pm - Canada
 Hi to everyone on this exclusive board!  I have been active on the Ontario forum for a few months but just discovered this one and am very glad that I did.  Let me introduce myself.  I am Amy, 48, from a city near Niagara Falls Ontario.  I had RNY surgery at St.Joesephs hospital in Hamilton on March 23rd of this year, and am down 81 pounds so far.  From my highest weight, I am down 96 pounds.  My partner and I have been married legally for 20 years this coming January, she having her life changing surgery in 2009 in Montreal.  We have both chosen to pursue our dreams to better ourselves through the miracles of modern medicine and must say, that neither one of us, for any reason, would change our decisions if we were to make them over again.
Hoping to make some new friends on here and looking forward to an unimaginable life thanks to the OHIP (ontario health insurance plan) and the Canadian taxpayers...to which group I also belong!
Amy

birder I.
on 8/2/12 10:13 pm - Rockford, IL

Welcome to the board. Please post as often as you can and let us get to know you! We are so glad you are here!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

aballett
on 8/2/12 10:24 pm - Canada
 Hi Connie, thank you for that welcoming welcome! I will post frequently if that's ok with you all!
Amy

twotontunic
on 8/3/12 1:24 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 Yay! Another newbie!!! Welcome to a wonderful forum that I  certain you will love. Congratulations on all of the success you and your partner share. It sounds like you two have built quite the life together. That is wonderful :)

Welcome :)
aballett
on 8/3/12 1:57 am - Canada
 It's funny that I can still be a newbie at something at 48!  O well, I guess that that's all part and parcel of reexamining ones life...
Amy

Heidi P.
on 8/4/12 9:14 am - St Paul, MN
VSG on 06/27/12
Welcome! Look forward to talking more with you!

HW (May 20, 2012) 310 SW (June 27, 2012) 302 GW 175 
M1=29lbs M2=29lbs M3=5lbs M4=4lbs M5=11lbs M6=10lbs
LEAKY SLEEVE DISCOVERED - July 25, 2012. 

aballett
on 8/4/12 10:11 am - Canada
 Thanks! Now I feel very welcome!
Amy

Addie1od
on 8/7/12 2:02 am - philadlephia, PA
Welcome Amy! Always glad to see new faces and hear new insights and ideas!
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

aballett
on 8/7/12 5:14 am - Canada
thanks Addie1od...it'd be nice to get some daily conversations going on here...like...what are you doing, eating, planning for the day?  What do you think?
Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views