Enough

birder I.
on 8/3/12 11:53 pm - Rockford, IL

"I am enough" is an assignment I used to give to my clients. I'd tell them to say it about 100 times a day--in the shower, in the car, etc. Usually they wouldn't do it but then Oprah or Dr. Phil would say it and then they'd do it and come in and tell me that it really works. So save yourself some time waiting for a famous person to say it and start treating yourself to a positive affirmation.

Being overweight has made us all feel "less" than  others, less attractive, less competent, less worthy, etc.Give it up. Those are all old statements and they are just negative. Give yourself the gift of choosing to believe you are enough. You have to say it to believe it.

You're enough!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

twotontunic
on 8/4/12 1:51 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 A thought in the same line:

There is a musical called "Title of Show". In one of the songs called "Die Vampire Die", the lead says something along the line of:  if someone on the street walked up to you and said the terrible things to you that you tell yourself, you would think they were mentally I'll. But, because it is the voice in your head saying these terrible things about you, somehow it is the voice of reason. 

Positive self talk is essential to being healthy. 
aballett
on 8/4/12 2:22 am - Canada
 Absolutely. 

birder I.
on 8/4/12 7:12 am - Rockford, IL
You are totally right! You'd be furious if someone said those things to you!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

sassygirl23
on 8/4/12 2:39 pm
It's very sad how badly we treat ourselves.  And it takes so much effort and awareness to change it.  But the simple line "I am enough" is just that.  Simple.

Thanks for the reminder.
Deb366
on 8/5/12 12:46 am
I AM ENOUGH!!

Thanks Connie!

deb366

Currently 125  pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!